Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Jaybs
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Apple iPad 2018

Go to solution

Been with BT Broadband for years, always used BT Email, Been using a Kindle, but Amazon keep losing apps like BBC News & my bank app, so I saved for an Apple iPad 2018, pleased but NO BT EMAIL APP, why? all other major email providers have one? 

A few apps say other providers, but will not accept BT?

Can anyone help please!

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Apple iPad 2018

Go to solution

You don't need a dedicated BT app to access BT email.

You just use the email app that comes with the iPad and set it up to access BT email.

Go to  settings >mail contacts, calendars > add account… >  tap the ‘other’ option from the bottom of the list > Add Mail Account and enter the following details:

1. Name – it can be anything you want, but usually your real name is preferable
  2. Address – your full BT Internet email address
  3. Password – your email account password
  4. Description – this can be used if you have more than one email account on the device but put something like ‘work’ or ‘personal or ‘BT Internet
  5. Press “Next” and allow the verification (this may take a few minutes)

On the next screen it will want you to input incoming and outgoing mail server details:

1. Tap ‘IMAP’

Incoming mail server settings:

• Host name: mail.btinternet.com
  • Username: your full BT Internet email address
  • Password: your email account password

Outgoing mail server settings:

• Host name: mail.btinternet.com
  • Username: your full BT Internet email address
  • Password: your email account password
  1. Press ‘next’
  2. Slide the notes and mail to be ‘on’ and press ‘save’ in the top-right
  3. Check your email on the device and see if it is working. Try sending yourself a message and see if it arrives. If messages are not able to send do the following:

Additional setting changes

1. Go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > tap your BT email account > a window will appear, tap on your email address > scroll down to the bottom of the window and tap where it says ‘SMTP’ > tap the primary server (which should be mail.btinternet.com) >make sure the following is on or enabled:
    1. ‘Use SSL’ should be ‘ON’
    2. Authentication should be ‘password’
    3. Server port should be ‘465’
    4. Press ‘done’ in the top-right
  2. Now do back to your emails and see if you can send
Message 3 of 3

Re: Apple iPad 2018

Go to solution

@Jaybswrote:

Been with BT Broadband for years, always used BT Email, Been using a Kindle, but Amazon keep losing apps like BBC News & my bank app, so I saved for an Apple iPad 2018, pleased but NO BT EMAIL APP, why? all other major email providers have one? 

A few apps say other providers, but will not accept BT?

Can anyone help please!

Hi @Jaybs

I recommend using the iPad Mail App. I have used it for several years on several different Mail clients including work. Start by adding an Account in Settings -> Passwords and Accounts.

0 Ratings