cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Asking for IMAP details

This has happened before and is really irritating, didn't get anywhere last time really.  On my Android Phone and Tablet I keep getting asked to re-enter my password and IMAP,  STMP details.  I have to de-install Outlook, reinstall it.  It then works for a while (about an hour), then happens again.  As you can imagine really irritating.  Doesn't happen on Outlook on my PC using Windows 10.  Any suggestions? Thanks 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Asking for IMAP details

It is most probably a BT server problem. The best advice when it happens is to do nothing, especially do not change passwords or delete the account from your phone as that can cause more problems than it solves.

The first thing to do when it happens is check to see if you can log on to your email account via a web browser. If you can there is obviously nothing wrong with your password or account hence the advice to do nothing.

The problem usually resolves its self within a few hours to a few days.

You should howver check that you are using the correct settings if you are on the BTYahoo email system.

https://www.bt.com/help/email/updating-your-bt-email-settings

https://www.bt.com/help/email/manage-email-account/manual-settings/what-are-the-settings-for-outgoin...

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Thank you, will give it a go
0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Angela,

I had the same problems on my Android, but being somewhat product loyal to Outlook, I persevered. Needless to say the problem recurred with monotonous regularity. It is definitely an issue with BT servers, Microsoft have indicated this. I tried several other mail applications within the Android ecosystem (GMail, Samsung Mail) but was never satisfied with their front ends. I have now settled on Blue Mail, it has one drawback, your mail is routed through their servers. As I no longer work in an environment that needs high security, it is not a big issue for me. Otherwise it performs extremely well, can handle multiple accounts and will sync calendar and contacts in both directions. I can recommend Blue Mail, I have had no operational problems with it.

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Thanks for that. It is so annoying and can't get through to support in the current situation. It's happened a number of times then goes ok for a while.
0 Ratings