cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Assigning Folders to outgoing email

Go to solution

Can I assign a folder to a new email before sending?

At the moment I have to go into the Sent folder for each email sent and move it to the required folder.

Thanks

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Assigning Folders to outgoing email

Go to solution

@KeithofEG wrote:

Can I assign a folder to a new email before sending?

No

Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Disappointed 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

If you assigned a new folder to an email BEFORE it was sent, how do you expect it to be sent. 

What you are wanting would be akin to writing a letter and before sending it via Royal Mail you place it into your filing cabinet. This would mean that the letter was not and was unable to be sent. It would need to be removed  from the filing cabinet and taken to the post box in order to be sent and as such it would no longer be in your filing cabinet.

When you are "composing" a new email it is not in a folder, it is just an on screen message in the same way as you have an sheet of paper when writing a letter. When you click to send it it is the assigned a folder, the outbox or post box and is sent, it is then assuming you have the box ticked to keep a copy of sent email, then stored in the "sent" folder or in the old method a carbon or photo copy, which you can then store.

Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

When I used to use BT Mail in Outlook, I there was a function when composing an email that let me select a folder where it was to be stored when sent. I could select from my list of current email folders or creat a new one. I’m looking for the same functionality using the web based system.

At the moment the system only knows to store the message in the Daft ‘Folder’ if unsent or ‘Sent’ folder if the email has been sent. I just want to be able select and alternative folder than the default ‘ Sent’ folder.

It just seems so inefficient having to keep going into the Sent folder and refileing my emails. ☹️

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Webmail is a very poor way of dealing with email. I suggest you revert to using Outlook.

Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Webmail and email clients are two different things. An email client is in my opinion the "correct" way to deal with email and as you would appear to already know can deal with email folders etc far better than webmail.

0 Ratings