Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JohnT878
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Audible e-mail alert with visual banner

Go to solution

I would like the addition of some form of audible e-mail alert with visual banner whih would indicate any e-mail arriving in any of my e-mail accounts even if they are not open.  Something similar to those used by other providers.  These flags could either show the relevant account or be numbered in the order that accounts appear in the drop-down where we change accounts.

JohnT878
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Audible e-mail alert with visual banner

Go to solution

How are you accessing your email, is it via a web browser (webmail) or via an email client/app.

If you are using an email client/app most but not all are able to be set up to do that.

If you use webmail, which is using a web page  that you need log on to in order to access your email account you can not do that without some sort of add on or separate program. It would depend on which web browser you are using as to whether or not such an add on is available.

Other providers such as gmail are able to notify you of new mail if you are logged onto your google account which is linked to your gmail account so it does not need to have a separate add on in order to log on and check for new mail.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
JohnT878
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Thank you for your helpful response.  I either use Firefox or Google to access via webmail.

JohnT878
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

If you do a search for "Firefox email notifier" it will bring up the add ons for that browser. Have a look at them and their reviews and decide if one suits you then just follow the instructions to add it to the browser.

You can do the same for Chrome but I don't think there is the same amount of choice. 

0 Ratings