Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brianflack
Contributor
Message 1 of 17

Auto forward all incoming emails to another account

Go to solution

I still use Bt Yahoo mail. I want to auto forward all incoming emails on my btinternet.com account to my gmail account inbox. I can see the facility for doing it with BTmail but cannot see it under BT yahoo mail. Can anyone advise me how to achieve it please? 

0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 17

Re: Auto forward all incoming emails to another account

Go to solution

First you need to select 'basic' view in webmail by selecting settings from the cogwheel in the top right corner, you can then navigate to options and POP and forwarding where you will be able to enter email details.

0 Ratings
brianflack
Contributor
Message 3 of 17

Go to solution

Thank you. By "basic view in webmail" I take it you mean the BY yahoo webmail page which includes the inbox etc. There is no cogwheel in the top right area. Just my name Sign out and Home. Maybe I am looking at the wrong webmail page?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 17

Go to solution

If you login here do you see this screen?

mailcog.jpg

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 17

Go to solution

@brianflack wrote:

I still use Bt Yahoo mail. I want to auto forward all incoming emails on my btinternet.com account to my gmail account inbox. I can see the facility for doing it with BTmail but cannot see it under BT yahoo mail. Can anyone advise me how to achieve it please? 

Just wondering how you have email addresses on both BTmail and BT yahoo mail.

0 Ratings
brianflack
Contributor
Message 6 of 17

Go to solution

I haven't got BTmail. I am still on BT Yahoo mail.  Bt have been promising to move all customers from BT Yahoo to the "new" BTmail since 2014. Apparently they have made a mess of it, and I am one of their customers who still is not on the new BTmail. They are supposed to inform you when they move you. I mentioned BT mail only because by googling it I found clear intructions for automatic forwarding of all emails to another account. I failed to find a similar instruction for BT Yahoo.  That is why I turned for help to this forum.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 17

Go to solution

There are a lot of us still on Yahoo.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 17

Go to solution

If you are on BTYahoo you can use the same method as Yahoo. BTYahoo is just a badged version of Yahoo.

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN3525.html

0 Ratings
brianflack
Contributor
Message 9 of 17

Go to solution

This may sound pedantic, but unfortunately there is no "gear" icon or "wheel" icon as described  on either my Yahoo mail page or the BT Yahoo mail page. Otherwise I would follow your instruction. I googled for the answer after reading your helpful message and Google repeated your advice. There is no wheel icon to hover over or to click on. 

I am talking about the Yahoo mail page which shows the inbox and the BT yahoo mail page which shows the same. No icon.

There must be another BT Yahoo or Yahoo page which shows the icon, and not the pages with the inbox shown.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 17

Go to solution

Where your log on name is showing at the top right is there a drop down box with the settings etc 

Make sure you are on a computer and not a mobile device. If you are on a mobile make sure you use the "full" version and not the mobile version.

0 Ratings