cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Auto reply

Go to solution

Hello, I had issues with my email recently and in trying to sort it i must have changed the Auto reply settings. Now I keep getting when I sign into my email. 

Ron90_0-1715599253102.png

I have tried to untick the auto reply box in settings, and save the out come, but it keeps appearing even after I have made the changes. I would appreciate any help you can give. Thanking you in anticipation. I will be out after 1 o'clock until 8pm but I will get back with a thank you if you come up with an answer.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Auto reply

Go to solution

The message you are seeing is a security warning from BT because the Auto Reply has been set up or changed. It also gets shown if Rules are set up or changed.

This is because if your email account is hacked changing  the Auto forward and setting up Rules are some of the things that hackers often do. Prior to this warning being instigated most users would have been unaware that they had been changed and thus unaware they had been hacked.

Obviously your account can not differentiate if the changes have been done by the user or a hacker.

The message can not be turned off. If it could the hackers would obviously do that as well. It will turn off automatically in a few days time assuming you do not make any more changes.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Auto reply

Go to solution
Thank you so much.
0 Ratings