cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Autocomplete

Go to solution

I have a couple of erroneous email address that are suggested by autocomplete  in the address line of an email message .

They are not saved in my contacts list - so, how can I remove them please.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Autocomplete

Go to solution

If it is only in your email address box that is auto completing you can turn this off by going into the settings found by clicking on your user name at the top right hand side. Then go to "Contacts" at the left hand side and untick the box to auto complete the email addresses.

If it is in other places such as when you log onto a site it is your web browser that is saving the email addresses. You need to go into your browsers settings and you will find something such as "Passwords" or "Auto Fill".

Some browsers allow you to change/delete the autofill when you go to log on you can right click and a box will open allowing the inserted address to be edited or deleted.

Look down the list and delete the details that you do not want. 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Thank you for the suggestion.  I am using Chrome which only allows me to remove my own address details.

Regards

Alan

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

I edited my previous message how to turn off the auto complete in the BTMail system. 

If you turn it off I think it will delete all the addresses that are stored. If you then turn it back on it should rebuild the list.  

0 Ratings