Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JohnRider
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Autofill email address

Go to solution

How do I remove an old email address from my autocomplete list. They keep coming up when I start a name  but there is no option to delete them like in other programmes

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Autofill email address

Go to solution

The option to delete them is in the "Contacts" page.

Log onto your email account then click on "Contacts" in the menu bar. You should then see within the left hand column "Auto Complete".

Click on it and this will bring up a list of the contacts in the Auto Complete folder.

Select the contact you want to delete by ticking the box next to it then click on the "More" button in the menu bar and select "Delete". This will delete the contact from the Auto Complete section but will leave the contact in the Main section. 

JohnRider
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks a lot for that, it works perfectly. I've spent ages looking for how to do that.

0 Ratings
federicobazz
Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution
How do I remove a wrong email address from my autocomplete list? They keep coming up when I start a name but there is no option to delete . Log onto your email account then click on "Contacts" in the menu bar. You should then see within the left hand column "Auto Complete".

Click on it and this will bring up a list of the contacts in the Auto Complete folder. I've tried to Select the contact that I want to delete by ticking the box next to it then click on the "More" button in the menu bar and select "Delete" but it doesn't' work .The wrong address still appear on the drop down when you type the name of the recipient .
Thanks
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Check that the contact is not in your main list of contacts and if it is delete it then clear the history and cookies from your browser and log out of your email account then log back in and try the procedure outlined above again.

0 Ratings