cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

Autoforwarding

I have set up Auto Forwarding from my BT account to a Gmail account. However, some emails are not automatically forwarded.

I can't see a reason why most emails are forwarded but others not.

It's very annoying having to check to see which have and which haven't been forwarded.

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: Autoforwarding

Are you presently a BT Broadband customer or are you paying for your email through a BT Premium email account?

If neither of the above your email account will have been downgraded to a BTMail Basic account which can not forward emails or at least reliably. It may do it at first but can stop at any time.

See link

https://www.bt.com/help/email/bt-email-products

If you are using gmail as your main account why not turn things around and have gmail fetch your BTMail account's emails.

To do that log onto your gmail account and go to the settings click on All Settings and then Accounts and Import then Check email from other accounts then add an account, Follow the prompts.

Message 3 of 10

Thanks for the reply.

I have a full BT package...........Broadband, Email, TV etc so forwarding is available.

The truth is that I'm going to leave BT as it has got far too expensive and I want an email free of the internet provider.

Your email address is so embedded in everyday life that I've started the transition early.

Forwarding works for many of the received emails but a significant minority arrive in my BT Inbox and are not forwarded. They are not just one type of email........some are newsletters and some are personal emails from known friends.

My instinct is that there must be some setting that I've missed.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

@mhbrooke wrote:

My instinct is that there must be some setting that I've missed.

There are no other settings. You either have all your emails forwarded to your gmail address or you don't. 

You could try setting up a "Rule" in the settings so that any emails with your BTMail address are forwarded to your gmail account. This would hopefully catch any that were not being forwarded.

Is it intermittent with the same addresses ie some get through but not others or is it random addresses?

Are you sure the problem is not at the gmail end?

Have you checked your blocked email addresses in gmail and the spam folder where any blocked email addresses would end up.

Message 5 of 10

Yes.......I thought it was "all or nothing".

The Gmail Bin/Junk/Spam are all empty.

It seems to be random emails........no discernable pattern with source or time received etc.

I think the solution may come from your Rules suggestion.........I will try that.

Thanks.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

The hackers normally set up auto forwarding so I would be very careful, I have just disabled my account .. going to leave BT

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

@noddy1 wrote:

The hackers normally set up auto forwarding so I would be very careful, I have just disabled my account .. going to leave BT

Which has absolutely no relevance to this thread!

Message 8 of 10

Yeah, sorry.

wrong thread!

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

I set up a basic rule to forward all emails with my address to the forwarding Gmail one.

Today, an email from the local council wasn't forwarded.

I've added more elements to the Rule but am not sure which descriptor is best to use....."is, contains" etc.

Attached is what I've set up.......any improvements so that all email are forwarded?

Many thanks.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Cover your email address. This is a public forum and you could end up inundated with spam.

0 Ratings