Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RichJC
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Automatic redirect to Yahoo error

Go to solution

Whenever someone sends me an email to my @btinternet.com email address they receive an error message saying that  there has been an error sending the message to my @Yahoo email address.

The error email reads as follows:

Sorry, your message cannot be delivered. The mailbox you are trying to send to is currently unavailable or disabled, or your email has been rejected for policy reasons

Your message was rejected by mta6.am0.yahoodns.net for the following reason:

30 Sorry, your message to XXXX@yahoo.com cannot be delivered. This mailbox is disabled (554.30).

The following recipients did not receive this message:

<XXXX@yahoo.com>

No as far as I know I do not have a yahoo.com email. I have tried logging into yahoo email and it says my email is not recognised.

It would seem that there is some kind of automated rule on my @btinternet.com email that tries to forward any message to a @Yahoo email?

Any sugegstion on how to fix this because I am receiving lots of mail from companies trying to contact me via email and receiving this error.

Thanks,

Rich.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
RichJC
Beginner
Message 2 of 6

Re: Automatic redirect to Yahoo error

Go to solution
Can anyone out there help or suggest somewhere to go to try and find out how to fix this?
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are very busy at present so it can take up to 48 hours for them to contact you. They will do this by posting on this thread.

NeilO
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @RichJC welcome to the community and thanks for posting, if you log in to BT webmail and click your email address (top right side of the screen) then choose settings are there any auto-forward or rules set up that are redirecting the email to the Yahoo address?

Thanks 
Neil

RichJC
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution
Neil, you're a star

There was a rule there that was redirecting to the Yahoo account. For some reason the rule was called "." and so I didn't even realise it was there.

Deleted the rule and all now looks ok.

Thanks
0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @RichJC that's great I'm glad you got it sorted, I've seen similar problems before. To be on the safe side, I would also recommend changing the email password if it wasn't a rule you had set up previously.

Cheers

Neil