cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 24

Re: Availability of free btinternet.com “basic email”.

Hey @Longshanks,

I'm currently working on this for you at the moment. You are going to get emails saying you are moving to Premium Mail and you should get another email saying that you are moving to Basic Mail. I'm sorry for any confusion here. I'm making sure that you won't be charged for this. As your BT account had already completely closed, I had to create an account with Premium Mail before I can downgrade that to Basic Mail. I've already made sure that the email won't be ceasing for you.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 24

Thanks. I really appreciate you’re efforts. (Had a feeling this was why the email was generated) Surely you don’t have to go through this palaver for everyone in these circumstances?

Message 13 of 24

Hi @Longshanks,

You will have a voicemail from me that you can ignore now as you've seen my post already 🙂

It doesn't happen the whole time as it can automatically downgrade it to Basic Mail. When your service was being deleted, the email service was on the cease order which is why there was no option for Basic Mail at that time. I'll make sure to get this all sorted for you though. I'll place the order to change you to Basic Mail at the weekend and I've already made sure that there are no charges here.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 24

Thanks again.

Message 15 of 24

Hi

Quick observation. With the fairly recent deluge of scam emails, this is probably the v worst time for BT to be trumpeting their Premium email service.

Had another barrage of them today, yet all of my other free email accounts. (Outlook, Gmail) are hunky dory.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 24

@Longshanks wrote:

Hi

Quick observation. With the fairly recent deluge of scam emails, this is probably the v worst time for BT to be trumpeting their Premium email service.

Just for info. There is absolutely no difference between the BTMail Standard and the BTMail Premium except for the price. BTMail is free to BT Broadband users and BT Premium email cost £7.50 per month. Exactly the same email service. 

The only BT email service that is different is the BTMail Basic service. It can only be used on webmail, not with an email client/app such as you would use on a mobile device and it includes adverts other than just BT adverts and it can not be forwarded to another email address. 

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 24

Thanks I get that. It’s just when you leave, it’s described as Premium to get folk to cough up.

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 24

The paid for BT Premium email service has been available for many many years. The name was/ is used to distinguish it from the email service provided as part of the BT Broadband package and when introduced it was to allow people who left BT to keep their email address rather than loosing it which was the norm for many ISPs.

BT even state that there is no difference from the "standard" email service.

"The Premium email product gives you exactly the same functionality as the Standard email product you get with broadband from BT, but you have to pay for it. It costs £7.50 a month by direct debit and you can create up to 10 extra email addresses for family and friends".

What is Premium email and how do I get it? | BT Help

so I would not say that BT are "trumpeting their Premium email service"   or  "it’s described as Premium to get folk to cough up"  but I can understand how some may have that perception.

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 24

You’re doing a grand job articulating the corporate position. 

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 24

@Longshanks wrote:

You’re doing a grand job articulating the corporate position. 

I couldn't care less about the corporate position but I do care when people misrepresent things.