Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SteveB1234
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

BT Blocking Emails

Hi,

BT are intermittently blocking emails from the company I work for as spam email even tho they are legitimate emails.

Does any know who to contact to ensure the email domain is whitelisted?

Thanks,

Steve

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT Blocking Emails

See link and if required contact the BT postmaster as per the address in the link.

https://www.bt.com/help/email/fix-a-problem/sending-or-receiving-email/bt-email---best-practices-for...

0 Ratings
SteveB1234
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

Thank you for the reply, we can confirm that we are following the best practices and some emails are being blocked, the error that we get is:

Failed [host mx.lb.btinternet.com[213.120.69.89] said: 554 Message rejected on 2020/02/28 14:27:56 GMT, policy (3.2.2.1) ID (5E32E230053A7604) - Your message looks like SPAM or has been reported as SPAM (in reply to end of DATA command)]

We have also contacted postmaster

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

Did the postmaster reply to you and if so what did he/she suggest was the problem.

If the postmaster did not reply, other than suggesting you keep emailing the postmaster until you do get a reply  unfortunately there is nothing more I can suggest.

SteveB1234
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

Thank you, unfortunately no reply from the postmaster, I will keep trying i was hoping someone on here might have had experienced similar issues

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

There are similar posts that you may find with a search. If I remember correctly they did eventually get a response from the postmaster but I don't recall if the problem was resolved.

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 8

Many have and have been given the same advice.

0 Ratings
SteveB1234
Beginner
Message 8 of 8

Did anyone managed to get the issue resolved?

0 Ratings