cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

BT EMAIL: How do I simply send a message to all contacts in the address book?

Go to solution

I have created an email address in BT for a group of people I know and I would always want to send a message to everyone in that group. How can I do this without selecting each contact one by one in the To: fields?

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: BT EMAIL: How do I simply send a message to all contacts in the address book?

Go to solution

Log onto your email account then click on the Contacts button in the menu bar then go to "New" the select "Add Contact Group" follow the prompts and add the email address that you want included in that group.

You can only send to 49 contacts at a time so do not add more than that to the group. If need be make two groups.

When you want to send them all an email click on the "To" in the address bar then select the group name.

Message 3 of 9

Re: BT EMAIL: How do I simply send a message to all contacts in the address book?

Go to solution

I have no idea what you mean by 'I have created an email address in BT for a group of people I know' , you can't create an email address for a group of people.

You need to create a contact group.

Go to Contacts at the top of the page, click on the 'New' drop down down and select 'Add Contact Group' Give this group a name and then add the contacts you wish to be part of the group. Bear in mind BT email doesn't like sending to more than 49 contacts.

When you wish to send to the group, just select the group name.

Edit: @gg30340 is a quicker typist.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution
Thank you! I have just over 100 in the group so I don't know that the facility will be of any use to me. Creating two groups is a bit of a nuisance but perhaps I can add 49 at a time to the same email. What a shame!
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

Thank you! I have just over 100 in the group so I don't know that the facility will be of any use to me. Creating two groups is a bit of a fiddle but perhaps I can add 49 at a time. What a shame!

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

Hardly, just add 49 to each group (you will need 3 if you have more than 100) you only have to do it once and its no harder adding 49 to each group than 100 to one group. No faff at all.

Once you have created the groups they are there to use at will.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

I much appreciate your help and I have been pondering on the things you have said.

Can I clear up the issue of "49" please? I first thought from what you said that an EMAIL being sent should not contain more than 49 recipients. This would mean sending three separate emails to keep within the 49 limit if I have just over 100 in my total address book. THEN, I thought (from your last message), perhaps it's just each created GROUP that shouldn't exceed 49 and that it would be in order for me to include more than one group of recipients in ONE email so that I could actually send to over 100 recipients in one email. 

Can you please clarify which scenario is the correct one?

Sorry to be a nuisance!

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

49 per group, one group per email.

In effect you can not send to more than 49 addresses at a time regardless if they are in more than one group.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Thank you. Since my last post I went through the motions of adding all the 3 groups into one email. A message came up to say that I had exceeded the maximum of 100 email addresses. I can only assume that 49 is a preferred maximum - which I am content to abide by since I have already worked to a maximum of 49 in a group. It's about as easy to send 3 emails as it is to send 2.

There must be some logic to 49 - perhaps to avoid being logged as spam!?

Thank you so much for your help. It's helped me enormously. 

0 Ratings