cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

BT Email Login Loop on Chrime Browser

Hi All, 

First time I’ve ever done this so please forgive my ignorance if I get something wrong! 

Long story short it looks like my rather technophobic mother’s email was hacked (Netflix and Facebook compromised as well). I called BT support and we managed to change the password and for a short time (10 mins) she was able to access her emails through Google Chrome. 

We have gone to log back in however and we are in the dreaded loop, where it takes us straight back to the bt.com homepage. When I called support again, they said it was just an issue on their side and it would take up to 3 days to solve. Within those 3 days we should receive to call if it gets fixed. 

For context, my brother and I both have accounts with BT and are able to access our own individual emails, so it is just her address that is having the issue. 

I have seen a few posts similar to this but none that provide an answer so anything anyone could provide help wise would be really appreciated! 

Alex

Tags (4)
0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: BT Email Login Loop on Chrime Browser

I've just tried to login to email and I ended up being sent to the general bt.com website, it kept sending me to the website and on third attempt I got the webmail account. yehar. But that's a mess. I cannot find any settings to fix the dreadful display - there are icons on left side which are of no use and it's impossible to get the date column to actually show the date unless it's an old email. Trying to post comments in this forum is totally mad - page jumps all over the place or just freezes. I understand the issues you may also be experiencing - if you need to access emails then I recommend Thunderbird - it's easy and it works and you can customise all sorts of things.
0 Ratings