cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mikej101
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

BT Email blocked because it was used by Spoofers

My email is being blocked from sending because it was used by spoofers for a few days.

How do I get it unblocked ?

Simple question but is there a simple answer?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT Email blocked because it was used by Spoofers

Hi mikej101,

Thanks for posting. Have you tried following the Help with BT usernames and passwords forgotten password route? Can you try that and let me know how it goes?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 6

@mikej101wrote:

My email is being blocked from sending because it was used by spoofers for a few days.

How do I get it unblocked ?

Simple question but is there a simple answer?

This is where the system gets it wrong. Just because the email address has been forged by spammers as the "From" address in a spam run, the system should not block it. That does NOT prevent spammers doing it again BT, get the system to understand this.

Are you using webmail or a mail client?

Longshanks0511
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 6

This is where the system gets it wrong. Just because the email address has been forged by spammers as the "From" address in a spam run, the system should not block it. That does NOT prevent spammers doing it again BT, get the system to understand this.

Exactly right.  Why challenge the perpetrators when you can make the victim's life more difficult than it already is! 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 6

@Longshanks0511wrote:

Exactly right.  Why challenge the perpetrators when you can make the victim's life more difficult than it already is! 

Indeed. Even if the email address is deleted, spammers can still use it as the "From" address on any run. They often use email addresses that almost certainly don't exist too.

BT's mail team don't get it, and seem not to understand.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
New_To_UK
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 6

Its actually not a simple question. Are you with BT Mail or BT Yahoo Mail? Why do you think your address was spoofed and what is the reason you think you are blocked from sending. 

The from stuff mentioned in the thread is too basic and does not result in you getting blocked from sending.

0 Ratings