Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Les-Gibson
Recognised Expert
Message 1 of 3

BT Email error message

Go to solution

@SeanD 

I just had to post this one, no doubt you'll be familiar with the first part but please persevere and read through to the end 

A friend had a problem with his email and asked for my advice.

The part I'm sure you're familiar with.
He tried to send an email using his BTinternet mail address and received this error message.

BT email.jpg

His wife then sent an email using her own email address from the same laptop, the same windows account and the same email client ... and everything was fine.

The bit I've erased in the screen shot is obviously the IP address and when he turned the router of for a few minutes and turned it back on  to get a new IP address the problem was solved  but there's obviously more going on here than just an IP address being blocked otherwise his wife wouldn't have been able to send when she did.

If the Smart Hub 2 is BT's best hub yet then what does that say about its predecessors ?
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Stephen5000
Expert
Message 2 of 3

Re: Meet our Get Help team and hear about our plans for the rest of the year

Go to solution

@Les-Gibsonwrote:

@SeanD 

I just had to post this one, no doubt you'll be familiar with the first part but please persevere and read through to the end 

A friend had a problem with his email and asked for my advice.

With respect, you may get more response from like minded people if you posted this in the 'email' forum...

https://community.bt.com/t5/Email/bd-p/Email

0 Ratings
Les-Gibson
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 3

Re: Meet our Get Help team and hear about our plans for the rest of the year

Go to solution

@Stephen5000 

Maybe, I was in two minds where to post it. 

I chose to post it here because I consider it to be more of an area where there is room for improvement rather than a fault, hence it falls in nicely with the following statement in the original post "We would like your help!"  ...... "feedback to help us keep the focus on the right things."

That, plus I recall seeing a few other posts over the last few months in the email category on the same subject which seems to render it pointless posting in there.

Either way, I'm sure either the mods or the CLs' will move it if they think it's in the wrong place 

If the Smart Hub 2 is BT's best hub yet then what does that say about its predecessors ?
0 Ratings