cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
runcornboy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 12

BT Email issue

BT Email issue unable to log into BT email account on any device , PC or Mac, today anyone else having issues. Can however log on via the web interface 

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 12

Re: BT Email issue

There are hundreds if not thousands of such posts on the forum, have a browse.

Do nothing and it will fix itself in a day or two

0 Ratings
runcornboy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 12

Thanks

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 12

The advice about doing nothing is correct, however you should check that your email clients/app are using the correct settings in case you have been using the Yahoo settings.

See this link.

https://www.bt.com/help/email/updating-your-bt-email-settings

0 Ratings
Topdown
Beginner
Message 5 of 12

There are a number of people in this situation and it beggars belief that in this time when people are isolating and electronic communications so important that BT in its wisdom has decided to mess around with settings "to make our experiences even better". 

Having worked in this industry for many years I never understand why techies think that they have the answer to all our needs without even asking "was it all right before ??".  It was not broken so why fix it ??    🤔

My wife who is in self-isolation being a vulnerable p[erson cannot get her emails as BT have sent her a note that she cannot receive her emails as they are updating the settings to make her life better. 

Sometimes I wonder if they have the sense that they were born with.

A very disgruntled user..... 😒😒

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 12

BT have NOT made any changes to settings. If users have used the correct published settings that have been in use since day 1 of the BT email system,  and have never changed, rather than unofficial incorrect settings, then no changes are required.

WTF1962
Beginner
Message 7 of 12

Oh yes, and guess what?  They blame Covid 19 for the problem.  Even with a new CEO lame excuses for shoddy service seems to be the order of the day.

0 Ratings
runcornboy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 12

If no changes are made why does email repeatedly stop working on multiple platforms and email programs??? .

If you ring support all they do is delete  and recreate your account. 

45 years in IT many of which supporting outlook so I actually do know how to diagnose and resolve email issues.

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 12

@WTF1962 I think you should check your facts before posting slanderous comments.

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 12

@runcornboy Then you should appreciate that what is happening is that the passwords are not always being synced correctly between the various server farms, those using web access and those using client access. It is a problem that only seems to affect users that are still on the BTyahoo platform. Once the migration to the new BT mail system is complete, hopefully the ongoing problem should disappear.