Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
rod147
Beginner
Message 31 of 37

Re: BT Email keeps logging me off, every time I click on my Inbox

I have a fix of sorts.

Clicking the inbox seems act as a back command. So if you have your BT mail link saved in your Chrome boookmarks; right click the link and open in new tab.

This makes your mailbox page the 1st page int the chronological order so it can't go back any further.

And anytime you now click on inbox it stays on the mailbox page without logging you off.

herrbohnen
Aspiring Contributor
Message 32 of 37

A bit of a heath robinson fix

0 Ratings
harrycrac
Contributor
Message 33 of 37

Same happening to me on Chrome so I started using ipad instead but it will only connect on home wifi. Iphone was working on 3G/4G but not home wifi, now that has stopped working.  I made conatct with @BTcare to find out what settings are so I can check, but they cannot help me. I am then informed there are different email servers to connect to ad it depends which one you are on? Maybe that has something to do with it. Feels like I am going round in circles.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 34 of 37

The mail server is mail.btinternet.com regardless of whether you are on BTYahoo mail or BTMail
harrycrac
Contributor
Message 35 of 37

Why couldnt @BTcare tell me that?  Great I might be able to sort this out although not sure why anything should have  changed today. my primary server is listed as Yahoo!SMTP Server should i delete this or add another server? 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 36 of 37

I would delete it. Also, it's best to set up mail accounts manually rather than let the wizard do it.

Ports are 465 for SMTP and either 995 if you want POP3 or 993 for IMAP. SSL selected in all cases. Authentication required for SMTP.

harrycrac
Contributor
Message 37 of 37

Thank you so much it has worked and my emails have just arrived.

Perfect guidance and solution found.

Lets see what mayhem BT create tomorrow.

@BTcare dont really care do they.

0 Ratings