Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gerry_Atrick
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 7

BT Email or BTYahoo Email

Go to solution

I apologise if this is a silly point to raise.  My email account was/is somehow associated with Yahoo. A few years ago we were told that we were going to be "migrated" to BT Mail, but such a mess was made of that change that my account was never changed over to the new one. My webmail page still bears the word Yahoo. This continuing link with Yahoo seems to be the reason I cannot add my BTInternet email address to my Outlook2016 mail client.

So question is will remaining BT Yahoo email accounts now  be fully "migrated" and assimilated into BT mail?

Gerry

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT Email or BTYahoo Email

Go to solution

No. The migration stopped just after it started and is not going to restart any time soon.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

However, it is not the reason you cannot add your account to Outlook 2016. As long as you use the correct server details, Outlook has no knowledge of which system you are on.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Gerry_Atrick
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Thank you Distiguished Sage - That is useful to know, but unfortunately Outlook 2016 does not appear to recognise the mail.btintenet.com settings given in the BT website.  Not to worry.  I will just have to bite the bullet and endure the web-based thingy until i can get it sorted.  BT promised me a telephone call on Friday but of course they did not ring.

Thanks again. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

I thought from your other thread that you had managed to get one account working ok but not a second one? Its possibly the ongoing password synchronisation problem. You could try changing the password in webmail, leave it for an hour or so and then try setting up the account in Outlook2016 again.

Gerry_Atrick
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Oh Thank You Thank you so much, (Do I call you Licquorice or Distinguished Sage?)   For once I read your notes carefully and did what you said and I now have my account added to Outlook.  I am, as we say here, a happy bunny again!  Think I am getting too old for all this wizardry -  good to know there is such a helpful resource as this Community.

Good night and thanks again.  

Gerry

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Pleased you got it working ok.

0 Ratings