cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

BT Email very slow today

Just wondered if it is just us or is BT Email very slow for everyone today? Been slow since midmorning and more than just me impacted in the house.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Email very slow today

I don't use webmail. But just tried logging in and it took forever to load.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Yep its about as much use as a chocolate teapot at the moment for me too.  Very sloooooooow indeed in fact slowest i've seen it for months.

I'm not sure but has there been a change recently, today perhaps, the numbers of the version i am getting are

https://email.bt.com/mail/index-rui.jsp?v=2.32.0#app/mail

if my memory serves me the version that was working yesterday was 31 was it not. 

Appologies if I have not got that last bit right.

Be nice to get the performance back i was getting yesterday, I won't cross me finger though. It would also be nice for the relevant teams to test this stuff in the equivalent of the live environment but i'm guessing this stuff is not tested that well these days. 😂

Hopefully @NeilO or @PaddyB

are watching 😃

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

So i changed the version in the url back to v2.31 and it was/is much faster. I wonder how long that one might last though or worse now that I declared that I switched to another version i'll get my nuts squeezed. 

I'll use 2.31 until i've deleted all my emails i don;t want and then revert back to 2.32 in the hope they find the problem although to be honest i'm not sure any of them in the webmail team know what they are doing but thats another story. I think its not BT people anymore and sadly BT does not seem to have the control it should. That last bit was an assumption by the way. 

Update @ 17:12: So I deleted all my emails i didn't want and then switched back to 2.32 and it seems a bit faster but i'm guessing that this may be an illusion as everyone is have their tea perhaps. 😉

Anyway tomorrow is another day and things may have improved perhaps.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

My response above suggested that changing the version number in the URL might be of use but I'm not so sure that it makes a difference at least not in my old version of chrome - its an older one pre the recent changes as I am still using windows 7 on my main desktop (Yes i have its security sown up so its not going to bother us this end - well so far anyway )

I also use a number of browsers on my machine that enable me to check its not my old version that is the issue.

In essence I think it may be the app version which i don't use. 

Still does not explain why the system is so slow since the changed version number.

0 Ratings