cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 17

BT Email

For some time since the email site was updated, my wife and I, using different PCs cannot log onto the BT email site.  We get the error massage that the browser cannot find the site.  Intermittently we can log into the site.  I have tried Edge browser and Internet Explorer and they are both the same.

0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 17

Re: BT Email

What happens if you try this link?

BT Email 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 17

That link took me to the BT site that I use.  I just tried it and it failed, to find the email site.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 17

I know this might not be possible because of the present social distancing restrictions but can you or have you tried accessing your email from a different location such as at a friend or relatives house?

If you can not, this is a bit of a long shot but can you try a factory reset of the Homehub by pressing a pin into the recess button on the rear for about 20 seconds. 

After the hub re starts make sure you turn off "smart setup" on the Homehub.

See link how to do that.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44328/~/what-is-smart-setup-on-the-bt-hub%3F-how-can-...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 17

Thanks for the advice, as you suggested, we won't be able to try this from a different location in the current situation.  As for the Hub, bear in mind that about 1 in 10 times we can access the site to check our emails, so I doubt the hub has an intermittent problem?  It is the other 9 times that is a pain.  I would welcome any other suggestions, but I am sure this is not a fault at our end as the problem is after logging onto emails form the BT site.   Also it started after the email site was updated.   We have no other problems with different sites.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 17

The reason I asked to reset the hub was not that I thought it was faulty it was to get you a new IP address and hopefully have you allocated to a different email server.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 17

Sorry, I didn't understand.  I've now reset the Hub and it made no difference.  This is the message we receive    strongauth.secure.bt.com took too long to respond.  Then a few seconds later it changes to    samlfed.bt.com took too long to respond

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 17

I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are very busy at present so it can take up to 48 hours for them to contact you. They will do this by posting on this thread.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 17

Thanks for your help.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 10 of 17

Hi @grandpa,

Do you know if you are using the latest version of Edge? Can you try and access our webpage using the InPrivate window mode that comes with Edge? I want to rule out any cookies on your browsers causing any conflicts. Browse InPrivate in Microsoft Edge

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings