Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tranby
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

BT Email

Go to solution

I am receiving new emails but when I click to open, I am getting a message "Sorry, it looks like you are not connected to the internet......."   my internet is working fine as I can actually see new message coming into my inbox ?  This is on my laptop running Windows 10. However, I have just noticed that I can open emails on my android mobile ??

Anyone any idea whats going on ??

Thanks

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Email

Go to solution

How are you accessing your email, is it with a web browser and if so which one or are you using an email client/app and if so which one?

Have you tried a factory reset of the BT hub by pressing a pin into the recess button on the rear for about 20 seconds?

0 Ratings
tranby
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Hi, yes I am accessing on a web browser - Microsoft Edge.  

I can't see that a restart of my hub will achieve anything as everything else is working fine, it is literally just opening any email in my inbox that fails.

UPDATE 

Edge has just updated and all working fine now 😃 thanks

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

The reason that I said to reset your BT Hub was that other posters have previously reported that by doing that their email began to work. The reason that it worked was most likely because when the hub restarted it would be issued with a new IP address and be allocated onto a different mail server.