cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sguilliard
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 3

BT Homehub 3 Type-B Firmware Update?

Ok, so I've been forced into using my HH3 again in order to get the IPTV channels working, as my Linksys E3200 that I had replaced it with doesn't handle IGMP apparently.

However, since the switch, I've noticed by broadband speeds going up and down like a yo-yo (rock solid with the Linksys). IN the course of trying to discover whether this was a known HH3 problem, I discover that the firmware on my HH3 appears to be rather out of date:

Current firmware: V100R001C01B031SP12_L_B

Last updated: 31/07/12

According to the BT support site, the latest version is as follows:

BT Home Hub 3 - Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.94.1.11 (Type A) or V100R001C01B036SP03 (Type B)

So my question is, will a firmware upgrade solve the wildly fluctuating speeds, and if so, how do I 'force' an update?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT Homehub 3 Type-B Firmware Update?

Don't know if it will resolve your speed issue but you can't force an update. You have to leave your router on 24/7 and it should do the update itself. This usually happens overnight. It is meant to happen fairly quickly but there is a recent post where the poster has had it switched on for 6 months and it still has not updated.

0 Ratings
sguilliard
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT Homehub 3 Type-B Firmware Update?

Hmm, so even if I had been using my HH3 for the last 6mths there's every chance it won't have been updated! 😕

I now also need to change all my home network switches to managed switches that support IGMP snooping to stop the IGMP flood that happens everytime we watch one of the IPTV channels! 😞

0 Ratings