cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 41 of 46

Re: BT ID to access email Security Issue

If that is the reason for the change I don't think it will help you unless you do the following:

Only the primary account holder's MyBT BTID will have access to BTSport.

This means that your new primary account will till have access to any of your email addresses unless they have been gifted. This will mean that you will have to gift your present primary email account to your self to avoid the same problem you presently have.

That may be what you want but keep in mind that the primary account MyBT BTID also has access to all your billing details and can also make or delete any of the sub-accounts. 

0 Ratings
smurf001
Contributor
Message 42 of 46

That's fine.  I am happy either way.  Either, if it was possible to have a completely separate log in for BT Sport or for the current Primary email account to be changed and removed from the my BT log in.  I don't have an issue with people being able to log into BT Sport and My BT as long as they do not have access to the email address which is currently the primary email address.

0 Ratings
smurf001
Contributor
Message 43 of 46

Hi gg30340

As I have not heard from the moderator's I assume they were unable to help on this occasion, but thanks for trying anyway.  I will go back to BT and see if I get any further with them.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 44 of 46

Hi smurf001,

You will need to gift the email address that you don't want others to have access to so it's separate from the main BT ID with sport access. This email guide will show you what you need to do to remove it from your main BT ID details.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
smurf001
Contributor
Message 45 of 46

Sorry, I've only just noticed your reply. I had assumed as I had not heard anything in two weeks that you were unable to help. The problem is the email address is my primary email address.

I have been in contact with BT again to see if they can help. I have been promised a call back from a supervisor.
0 Ratings
Message 46 of 46

No problem,

I hope it gets sorted but if you need any further help send over your details using the contact the mods link? 

Neil

0 Ratings