cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smurf001
Contributor
Message 31 of 46

Re: BT ID to access email Security Issue

No, its the main primary account, although I would be happy for it to be changed to the secondary account but BT tell me it is not possible to do this. 

I have now discovered that it is possible to change the email addresses to make another one the favourite, but it seems all accounts are available to view through My BT whatever the email address and password.

0 Ratings
smurf001
Contributor
Message 32 of 46

Thanks for the link. I have just followed it and see I can remove the other email accounts from the drop down list, but the one I am most concerned about is the primary account.  Do you know if it is possible to change the primary account?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 33 of 46

That is why you should "gift" the email address to whoever actually uses it. They then become responsible for it and can only access it through their MyBT. It also stops any access to your MyBT by that email address and password.

This is known as an affiliated account which is different from a sub account.

See link

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/50518

EDIT: Posts crossed. Yes you can get the primary account changed but it has to be done by the moderators. If you are the primary account holder, you should just "gift" all the other accounts. This will leave you being the only person to access your MyBT and your email via MyBT

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 34 of 46

Don't get me started again!! Smiley Wink

0 Ratings
smurf001
Contributor
Message 35 of 46

How do I get in contact with the moderators to change my primary account?  I have called BT and spoken to two people who both said it can not be done.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 36 of 46

@licquorice wrote:

It actually works well in practice once you have gifted the emails to the people that use them.

If you are the sole user of the sub-accounts you obviously do not need to gift them and you can access them via your MyBT "manage emails" which as you are the sole user of them is in my opinion not a problem.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 37 of 46

@smurf001 wrote:

How do I get in contact with the moderators to change my primary account?  I have called BT and spoken to two people who both said it can not be done.

The moderators of the forum have been informed of your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are a BT UK based team and if they can help they will reply via this thread asking you to contact them via a link. Once you have replied to them by the link, it can at present take up to five working days for them to re-contact you.

smurf001
Contributor
Message 38 of 46

Brilliant, thank you so much for your help.  It has been an ongoing problem for me for some time.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 39 of 46

@gg30340 wrote:

@licquorice wrote:

It actually works well in practice once you have gifted the emails to the people that use them.

If you are the sole user of the sub-accounts you obviously do not need to gift them and you can access them via your MyBT "manage emails" which as you are the sole user of them is in my opinion not a problem.

I shall probaly never know, I'll be in my wooden overcoat before this migration ever completes. Smiley Wink

0 Ratings
smurf001
Contributor
Message 40 of 46

Actually, if that didn't work I would be happy just having a separate ID for logging into BT Sport.  That way I can keep the MY BT log in information to myself and just share the BT Sport log in information with my family.

0 Ratings