Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 21 of 28

Re: BT IMAP not connecting to Outlook for Android

Go to solution

I'm getting the same issue, with Outlook not syncing since 13/2, but with the added wrinkle that when I try and force it by uninstalling and reinstalling the app, it populates the inbox with a bunch of emails received on 13/2 which have been downloaded to my pc and removed from the inbox. How does that work? I've deleted them several times from the inbox on my phone, but still they return. The Samsung mail app works fine, fortunately, and I still seem to be able to send mail from Outlook. Any ideas, anyone?

Hi, welcome to the forums.

As V_Meldrew suggests, your PC may have the account set as pop3 (leave messages on server) - or you're not synching when removing from the Inbox. IMAP will only delete the emails if the app/client synchs with the server. The same with your phone if it's not synching properly.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 22 of 28

Go to solution
Thanks, but Outlook on my pc does that anyway. Everything was working exactly as I wanted until last week - emails get removed from the server as soon as they are downloaded to my pc and get stored there. Anything I do to them on my phone doesn't touch the server copy. I don't want to change to IMAP completely because I don't trust BT not to lose them. Wonder why?! Also, the emails that keep appearing in my inbox (back again now after I deleted them at about 13:00) don't appear in any of my BT webmail folders, so where are they being picked up from?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 23 of 28

Go to solution

This is the same for me on the iPad version...

Same date as well, no emails since 12/02/2018... but on the web client they are there...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 24 of 28

Go to solution
There was an Outlook update on the 13/02/2018.

security update for Outlook 2016: February 13, 2018
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 25 of 28

Go to solution

Outlook updated and all appears to be back to normal which would suggest that the problem was with the Outlook app.

Never mind - Tally Ho!

With thanks to all who have replied and made suggestions.

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 26 of 28

Go to solution

Yes, seems to be working for me too now.  Thanks to everybody for the suggestions and help.  Not sure why MS can't be a bit more open about these things, but at least it seems to be fixed now.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 27 of 28

Go to solution

@Toothwright1wrote:

Outlook updated and all appears to be back to normal which would suggest that the problem was with the Outlook app.

Never mind - Tally Ho!

With thanks to all who have replied and made suggestions.

Thanks for the info, I uninstalled it a couple of weeks ago but have just re-installed it and it's working fine Smiley Very Happy

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 28 of 28

Go to solution

I had been unable to use Outlook for Android for my BT Mail (not yahoo) accounts on two phones and my tablet since the end of December, after reading about the  Update I checked and it seems to be working again at last.

Hope it stays this way

Gavyork

0 Ratings