Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
AvicennaBK
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 39

BT Internet e-mails not downloading to Blackberry

Since May 5, after repeatedly being asked for a password change (necessitating a change every time to my O2 Blackberry ID), being directed sometimes to the Yahoo home page and more frequently to the BT.com home page to sign in for access to my e-mail, I am STILL not receiving e-mails on my Blackberry. I have had little or no interuptions to e-mails from my BT Internet a/c being pushed to my Blackberry over the past 6 years, through the life of 4 Blackberry's ... until now. The conjecture on the part of my Blackberry supplier is that with the changes Yahoo-BT, the ultra-secure Blackberry server can not accommodate the seemingly inconsistent protocols being imposed on me by BT, Yahoo, both or a combination of the two.

In trying to rectify this, I have been through the same processes with BT customer service, despite having advised on the latter 2 occasions that the process has not worked. I was then advised that as they do not have any Blackberry-specific expertise, the only place I could escalate this to was Tech Help, for which I shall pay premium phone rates ... therefore paying to get BT to resolve the issue BT have created !! I was further given to understand that the problem I am experiencing is far from unique among Blackberry users and also applies to I-Phones.

Remarkably little help, the problem persists, not one word of an apology and seemingly no definitive information about the problem leads me to the conclusion that BT are in denial and have simply not recognised the consequences of what they are doing. This strikes me as a level of service considerably below what professionalism customers have every right to expect from a publicly quoted service provider. With so many alternatives many of which are considerably cheaper and despite the untoward inconvenience of doing to, changing from BT will be a LOT less of a hassle than remaining with them.

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
38 REPLIES 38
Moderator-Retired
Message 2 of 39

Re: BT Internet e-mails not downloading to Blackberry

Hi AvicennaBK, 

Thanks for your post.

I am sorry to hear that you are having problems getting your email working on your Blackberry. I can take a look into this. 

Click on my username and under the "about me" section you will the link to get in touch with us.  Whenever we receive your details we will go from there. 

Cheers,
OlgaC 

Community ModeratorOlga
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings
christ1945
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 39

Re: BT Internet e-mails not downloading to Blackberry and Windows 8 phone

I am having a similar problem with accessing btopenworld emails in my outlook.com account on my Windows 8 phone. The link worked faultlessly until about two weeks ago. Now I need continually to reset the link to btopenworld in my outlook account. It can take several goes to re-establish the link. Then it works for a few hours, before failing again.

My openworld account is still on BT Yahoo email at this stage.

Any suggestions?

Before that problem arose, both I am my wife also had multiple requests to reset our btopenworld passwords - which we duly did. At least that problem seems to have gone away.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 39

Hi christ1945,

Thanks for posting and welcome aboard Smiley Happy

We'll check that out for you.  You can get in touch by clicking on my username and you'll see the link to "contact the mods" under the section "about me".

Thanks a million,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
AvicennaBK
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 39

I'm the original poster of this string and have now spoken to users of I-phones and Windows phones who have BT e-mail accounts ... all seem to be experiencing the same problems of e-mail not downloading to their devices, constantly having to reset passwords, having e-mails pushed through for a few hours and then they dry up ... again !!

0 Ratings
AvicennaBK
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 39

The requirement to validate my credentials on the O2 Blackberry site in order to receive SOME of the e-mails received at my BTInternet address and only for a short period of time after having done so is now at least a once-daily occurence and not succesful on a number of occasions. This issue is now close to 4 weeks old, wholly unsatisfactory and BT seem to be completely abrogating all responsibility for the issues created by this 'migration' or some upstream processes which the ultra-secure Blackberry server does not like. Scanning posts concerning e-mail services provided by other companies, there seem to be nothing like the volume of dissatisfaction apparent in the forum here. Everyone with whom I have been in touch at BT has been perfectly charming, have consistently repeated suggestions which manifestly have not worked and the problem persists. What other conclusion can be drawn other than BT have failed to recognise the consequences of the actions they take arbitrarily and are some way short of being able to provide solutions to the problems BT have created.

0 Ratings
AvicennaBK
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 39

Well, well ... it took a 2-page letter to the 'Office of the Chairman' detailing 4 specific complaints, one of which is this subject and a couple of calls from the charming girl who had to pick up my case but at LONG last, I received an admission that the problem of downloading e-mails to my Blackberry is caused by a 'glitch'.

The corresondent who picked up my case contacted tech services and was told of this 'glitch', that BT are well aware of it and that they are 'working on a fix' with no idea when it will be fixed. Let's ignore the fact that it was first reported week commencing May 5th since when, any and all attempts to have someone take this issue seriously, far less resolve it, have failed ... at least I now know why this has been driving me nuts !!

An admission is one thing, the fix is another and in the meantime I have re-validated my credentials online via the O2 Blackberry site 4 times in the past 24 hours and on the last occasion, without any success at all ... no instant fix it seems.

... stay tuned ...

0 Ratings
christ1945
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 39

Thanks for this update AvicennaBK.

Here's hoping that in fixing the "glitch" with the link to Blackberry, that BT sorts similar problems with links to outlook.com / Windows Phone 8, iPhone etc.

0 Ratings
AvicennaBK
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 39

I am afraid that my confidence in BT is currently at an all-time low and plumetting fast so, who knows how long it'll take to fix the 'glitch' they have at LONG last admitted to. Indeed, my guess is that there's no certainty that the problems you're having are in any way related to the same 'glitch'. Judging by the human resources they have to handle complaints (e.g. 'Office of the Chairman' staff) who are perfectly charming but as technically challenged as I am, the volume of forum issues in the public domain and I imagine countless other complaints being handled elsewhere confidence widely seem to me low and dropping.

Had to revalidate my credentials on the O" Blackberry site a further 3 times in the past 24 hours with a conspicuous lack of success on the last occeasion so yet AGAIN (!!), I am obliged to change my password on BT Internet, wait for the news to catch up with Blackberry and I-pad, then revalidate my credential on each of these bits of kit ... AGAIN !!

Unacceptably low level of service in SO many ways, seemingly caused by BT arbitrarily deciding to part company with Yahoo and doing so in a decidedly DISorderly fashion ... I do rather feel that SO many customer's relationships with BT are being tested to the limit and may be approaching the end.

0 Ratings
christ1945
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 39

I'm hopeful that BT have sorted the problem with the link to outlook.com and my Windows 8 phone. Emails have come through the link for two days, without the need to reset the link in outlook. Here's hoping that the process is back to stability.

I hope that the Blackberry is now fixed too.

Now I wait to see if the switch from BT Yahoo Mail to BT Mail goes smoothly, and that the link can be readily re-set and will work reliably.

0 Ratings