cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AvicennaBK
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 39

Re: BT Internet e-mails not downloading to Blackberry

Funnily enough, 4 weeks after having reported the problem, almost a week after having had a BT admission that this was a 'glitch' of their making, I have now had 2 days of e-mails being pushed successfully through to my Blackberry, albeit that I had ro re-validate on O2 Blackberry on Monday morning ... again !!

My guess is that the account migration may well create another raft of such glitches but ... hope prings eternal.

Kinda strange having seen no comment and precious little in the way of help, advise and comment from BT, huh ??

0 Ratings
Highlighted
AvicennaBK
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 39

Although I have been receiving e-mails intermittently on my Blackberry, over the past 4 days I have had to revalidate my credentials on the O2 Blackberry site 3 times, most recently at 13:00 BST today so ... it seems that I was being overly-optimistic in suggesting that BT's self-confessed glitch is still FAR from resolved. Given that it is now over a month since the issue was first reported, this is proving to be increasingly frustrating, as is what I can only describe as a complete lack of interest on the part of BT to help resolve or even comment on the issue which is entirely of BT's making.

I get the awful feeling that this will not be my last post as I rather optimistically look forward to someone ... anyone ... from BT getting back to me with comments, suggestions ... indeed any communication whatsoever.

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 13 of 39

Hi AvicennaBK,

Thanks for posting.

I'm sorry the issue you are having with your emails is still happening. I can help you with this from here. Click on my username and under the "about me" section you'll see the link to get in touch with us.

Please include the link to this thread when you complete the form and whenever we've received your details we'll take it from there.

Thanks

PaulK

BTCare Community Mod

If we have asked you to email us with your details, please make sure you are logged in to the forum, otherwise you will not be able to see our ‘Contact Us’ link within our profiles.

We are sorry but we are unable to deal with service/account queries via the private message(PM) function so please don't PM your account info, we need to deal with this via our email account 🙂
0 Ratings
AvicennaBK
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 39

Over the past 36 hours, I have received 5 requests from Blackberry to revalidate my BTInternet e-mail password, have been unable to do so via my Blackberry but have been able to do so on the O2 Blackberry site.

Saturday June 7 - 05:01 hours and 17:17 hours

Sunday, June 8 - 08:16, 11.25 and 11.32 hours

All 5 attempts to revalidate via my Blackberry handset failed but all attempts to revalidate on OS Blackberry worked. This really is becoming intolerable but at least someone from the BT customer care team has now contacted me.

0 Ratings
christ1945
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 39

Sorry to hear that the Blackberry link has destabalised again.

The link to Outlook.com / Windows 8 phone worked fine for 6 days (from Monday 2 June). But on Sunday 8 June it failed again, and my wife and I are both back to having to reset the link in outlook multiple times, including this morning.

Hey ho!

0 Ratings
AvicennaBK
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 39

I am now getting 3 of 4 notices per day from Blackberry, asking me to revalidate my BT Internet e-mail account to allow e-mails to be pushed to my device. Equally frustrating but at least now someone is notifying me when there is a problem on my BT Internet account ... albeit that it is Blackberry doing so.

Given that it is now 5 weeks since the problem was first reported. I do rather wonder if BT are taking this seriously, if their technical services are actually doing something about it and if so, how long (if ever ??) it will take to address the issue ... nowhere NEAR good enough !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Ratings
AvicennaBK
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 39

Well ... another few days down the line well in to the 6th week, nothing has improved and I have just heard back from the lady who works in BT's 'Executive Level Complaints (Consumer)' again that they are STILL waiting for a response from BT's 'technical team' about this issue of e-mails to my BTInternet address not being pushed to my Blackberry handset. I am STILL having to revalidate my credentials on the O2 Blackbeery site via my laptop (it does not work via my handset) some 3-4 times per day. I now question if any attention is being paid to this at all by BT, despite assurances to the contrary.

Could it conceivably be that BT's 'technical team' which, by BT's own admission created this issue, are actually unable to resolve the problem ... this seems increasingly likely and that my fidelity to BT is being taken for granted ?? If so, I am the fool for having stuck with it this long and not canned any and all relationships with BT, including the e-mail address I have had since 1994 - mea culpa !!

When I consider the inordinate waste of my precious time this has cost me (currently a little over 40 man hours) not to mention the untoward inconvenience and frustration caused, I guess that I am a fool for having stuck with this for SO long ... albeit for not much longer ...

0 Ratings
AvicennaBK
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 39

At last ... an explanation of why this problem occured and has not been resloved ...

Apparently, Yahoo have withdrawn ALL support for Blackberry and as my BTInternet account has not been migrated to the BT server yet, any and all issues lay clearly at the door of Yahoo who not only arbitrarily decided to withdraw Blackberry support but consipuously avoided telling any of their customers.

There in no certainty that BT will support Blackberry but I should receive confirmation about this tomorrow. If BT does not support Blackberry, this is very clearly a decision based entirely on the costs of doing so. I guess that I am not the only BT customer with an e-mail address which has been used via Blackberry for years but if BT have made the decision NOT to support Blackberry, this is the end of the road for my e-mail address and any further revenues heading BT's way from me for the lines I rent and hardware I purchase.

The performance from Yahoo over this is utterly disgraceful, essentially killing any and all prospects of getting e-mail pushed through to Blackberry devices. My view of BT will be the same if they do not support Blackberry, not just because of this fact along but also because of the fact that it has taken some 7 weeks (!!) to get some clarity on the reasons for the problem.

The choices now appear to be simple ... either use a Blackberry or use Yahoo because you can't do both. Possibly the same applies to BT and I should find that out tomorrow ... I am not hopeful ...

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
AvicennaBK
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 39

It now seems that Yahoo have NOT withdrawn support for Blackberry but ... they HAVE withdrawn support from all BT e-mail account holders. Furthermore, I have been told by 'Executive leval customer technical help' that following migration of BT e-mail addresses from Yahoo to the BT server, Blackberry support will not be provided. If I understand this correctly, this means that henceforth anyone with a BT e-mail account using a Blackberry will receive e-mails on their device intermittently, irregularly and only after rpeatedly revalidating of credentials on the Blackberry site of your mobile service provider, in my case O2.

BT seem perfectly happy to abondon such clients and, having already reached the highest level to which complaints can be escalated within BT, I have now written to OfCom and, as soon as the person handling my copmplaint (Ref; edited by mod) is in a position 'to supply it as a final position with the contact information' for the Ombudsman, I shall be writing to them also. To be fair to the complaint handler, he shared what information he was at liberty to share fairly comprehensively, made a suggestion on Blackberry settings which has been tried before whilst pretty robustly defended BT's seemingly indefensible position.

Essentially, BT are not in the least bit interested in retaining my e-mail account. I guess that I am at fault for having shown the patience and forebearance I have thus far in the misguided belief that as a long-standing BT customer of a range of their services I might receive a level of customer service commensurate with that ... au contraire I am sorry to say. The conclusion I am forced to draw is that the longer one has been with BT, the less they want you to remain a customer ... a somwehat sad approach to customer care and positively negligent in customer retention and duty of care.

0 Ratings
IanC
Recognised Expert
Message 20 of 39

@AvicennaBK wrote:

It now seems that Yahoo have NOT withdrawn support for Blackberry but ... they HAVE withdrawn support from all BT e-mail account holders. Furthermore, I have been told by 'Executive leval customer technical help' that following migration of BT e-mail addresses from Yahoo to the BT server, Blackberry support will not be provided.

I don't really understand this 😞

My understanding of Blackberry email is that the Blackberry "stuff" connects to your email server (eg mail.btinternet.com) using the login credentials that you provide. It then collects any waiting email, packages it into a compressed/encrypted chunk, and pushes it to your device, which uncompresses/decrypts it and displays it in the devices email client.

I don't really see what there is to "support".  Could it be that The Blackberry Stuff is simply unable to logon to mail.btinternet.com on occassion - a not uncommon issue, ISTM ?

0 Ratings