cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

BT Login

Why is it taking a long time to log into BT main account and Email? Is there a problem?

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: BT Login

Hi, @AlanC4 I'm sorry about the delay in responding, there were no reported issues yesterday. Are you still experiencing this?

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

No it seems to have sorted itself out, but take a lot longer to load BT email on my laptop which is new a5 months ago, and running Windows 11. Never have problems on main PC running windows 11, and internet connection is good. Thanks for responding though.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Why do I keep getting your BT interernet account2 settings re out of date

This is an irritating notification.  I just opened my BT email account and it came up.  The password on BT has been changed very recently, but it was doing the same thing before. Just a bit fed up with the notification.  Any suggestions?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Not on this login. It is intermittent and irritating, doesn't seem to be  pattern of same place.  I just clear the notification. I have seen other postings regarding this, but no common route.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Re: Why do I keep getting your BT interernet account2 settings re out of date

Further to my query about "Bt internet 2 Account settings out of  date", just been to my main PC and on the notification area, bottom right was the message with the windows  mail envelope which I don't normally use. I just cleared it again, as I have said before I have changed my email password, but this has been happening for some time. I only use BT email program, so something is wrong somewhere.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Check your antivirus or any other programs that you may use to "health check" your computer. There may be a setting there that is causing the problem.

When you say you only use the BTMail program do you mean the BTMail client/app or do you access your email using web browser?

If you use the BTMail client/app you should seriously consider uninstalling it and install a decent email client/app such a Thunderbird or BlueMail both of which are far superior than the BTMail app.

If you do install a different email client/app the following link contains the settings that you may need when setting it up.

BT Email server settings | BT Help

Message 8 of 9

AlanC4_0-1685519260491.png

It is the BT web browser "I think"   as above.  I have used this for many years and don't see the point of anything else. It is just a pain. I have just stopped notifications for this in the bottom right of my screen, so hopefully I might not get it again. (Hoping).

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Hi @AlanC4,

Thanks for posting back.

Since this message doesn't come up on your main PC it does suggest that the issue potentially lies on your laptop.

The error message that you've shown looks like an error message that your laptop would push from a potential email client such as Windows Mail or Microsoft Outlook.

Could you grab a screenshot of it if it comes back up again?

Thanks
DanielS

0 Ratings