Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 5

BT MAIL-Inbox Messages Disappeared and on PC/Phone/Tablet

Go to solution

All my 153 BT Mail Inbox Messages disappeared from my BT Mail W10 PC, Phone and Tablet.

I had just reinstated my Vista Windows Mail Account on my old PC and noticed all the Inbox messages loading up.

Subsequently, they all disappeared in the Vista Windows Mail, and also from my BT Mail W10 PC/Phone and Tablet.

I immediately Deleted the Vista Windows Mail account, and I am now receiving new emails in my BT Mail W10 Inbox and Phone and Tablet

Is it possible to retrieve my 153 missing emails back into my W10 BT Mail Inbox ??

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT MAIL-Inbox Messages Disappeared and on PC/Phone/Tablet

Go to solution

You must have set up Vista Windows Mail on your old PC as POP3 to delete or not leave a copy of msgs read on the server. Hence once they are removed from the BT email server they can no longer be seen by your W10 PC, Phone and Tablet.

Now that you have removed Vista Windows Mail on your old PC all the 123 emails have gone for good with it (unless you can find where its mailstore was on your old PC & it hasn't been removed).

Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Oh dear.....!!!....lol

Thanks for that.....

I had a gut feeling thats what happened ....hey ho...live and learn...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks! You're welcome :)! Glad I could be of assistance.

Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

If you do a Google search of " Where does (insert name of your email client ie Windows mail) store email in Vista. It will give you the location of the storage folder for your email client. You MAY find that the folder is still there with your email inside even although you deleted the account.

0 Ratings