cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joval70
Message 1 of 10

BT MAIL

Go to solution

I hate BT Mail - its so clunky - like putting the clock back 10 years or more. Does anyone in BT use it?? I want my Yahoo Mail back - how do I revert???

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
alistair94
Contributor
Message 2 of 10

Re: BT MAIL

Go to solution

You can't.

Use a third party mail client.  

Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

You can sign up for free Yahoo mail if you want, but it will be a completely different email address.  BT are terminating their contract with Yahoo and moving over to Critical Path.  Once migrated, there's no way to get at BT mail through Yahoo.

Personally, I'm fed up with Yahoo mail.  They keep telling me to change my password with no explanation why.  And they won't let me into most of my email addresses via webmail unless I agree to their terms and conditions for a service that I'm paying BT for.

0 Ratings
Ludite1
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

I agree BT mail is a bad product which is not fit for purpose - poorly devised and now being trialled on the customers. Migration has been badly manged and today I learn that Blackberry is no longer supported.

With a 8mb BT internet connection it keeps dropping out.

I have nothing good to say.

0 Ratings
Oliver341
Expert
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

@Ludite1 wrote:

Migration has been badly manged and today I learn that Blackberry is no longer supported.

It is, just use these settings.

IMAP

Incoming Mail Server: mail.btinternet.com
SSL Encryption: Enabled
Port: 993 (this should be automatically populated if you tick SSL Encryption)
@username: your email address including the @btinternet or @btopenworld.com part
Password: your btinternet password

POP3

Server: mail.btinternet.com
SSL Encryption: Enabled
Port: 995 (this should be automatically populated if you tick SSL Encryption)
@username: your email address including the @btinternet or @btopenworld.com part

SMTP

Outgoing Mail Server: mail.btinternet.com
SSL Encryption: Enabled (SSL, not STARTTLS)
Port: 465 (this may not be automatically populated on selection of SSL, so you'll need to check this)

Oliver.
0 Ratings
Pleshey02
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

How do you change the settings on a Blackberry to the ones you outlined in your post?   Thanks

0 Ratings
Pleshey02
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

Having spoken to my Blackberry provider (Vodaphone) they tell me that a user cannot directly change the settings on a Blackberry via the handset (or at least for the Blackberry 9790, Blackberry 7) but that they can, and did for me which resolved my problem of not being able to receive email on my Blackberry post migration.  If anyone has problems with Blackberry resulting from new settings following the migration, I suggest that they contact their provider and ask them to change their settings via the server.  

0 Ratings
Ludite1
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution
Oliver
Thank you - I had tried all of your suggestions
. On I pad had to clear cache and cookies to get things to work. And 2 days ago blackberry asked for password validation which didn't work until I deleted account and reinstalled - now all appears to be working. It only took 4 days and 20+ hours.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

If you will use webmail what do you expect.

0 Ratings
storeman
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution
That reply is about as much use as a chocolate fireguard.

You expect the email service provided by your ISP to be an acceptable service. You do not have to use the web based interface as they do (sort of) provide a POP or Imap access.

The email service is the one thing that lets BT internet down badly.
0 Ratings