cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

BT Mail App/Apple app not working

Go to solution

I have had my email address @btinternet.com for 15+ years up until last year it worked great.

I am getting wrong password message when trying to log in on the apple side and "you are on basic server" message when trying to log in on BT Email App

Account would have initially been set up on my fathers BT account which he cancelled around the time this issue occurred. I am now a BT broadband customer myself so shouldn't be on basic server?

Being asked to change password etc but nothing is working. online chat don't reply for 10 mins then come back and say the same things so hoping someone here has a solution.

Thanks!

IMG_1572.PNG

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT Mail App/Apple app not working

Go to solution

@markmckellar wrote:

Account would have initially been set up on my fathers BT account which he cancelled around the time this issue occurred. I am now a BT broadband customer myself so shouldn't be on basic server?

Unless you associated the email address with your BTID when your father cancelled his account, as far as BT are concerned the address is still associated with a ceased account.

You need to import the address in your MyBT, manage email section.

importmailaddress.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Yes I believe this is the issue. 

My account number is in the top right of the screen where there are no email addresses as well as a "gifted by scott mckellar" section where my email sits as active. 

I can get to manage email section but I only have "create" or "give" an email address options no import 😞

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

If your email address is showing in your MyBT as gifted then it should already be associated with your account. Try ringing customer services (0800 800150) and explain the situation. If no joy with them, post back and we will get the mods involved.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

UPDATE*

Created an email address in the manage emails section and when I logged out/in the import section as then available. imported my email and now all is working.

No more missed emails! 🙂

Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Just for information. You can not import/ link an email address to a BT Broadband account until you have set up at least one email address on the broadband account.

See link 

Can I move my BT email address to another account? | BT Help

You can link any BT email address to another broadband or Premium email billing account as long as:

• You're the account holder of the gaining account
  • The gaining account already has an email address linked to it
  • You know the password of the email address you want to move