cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

BT Mail App - saving email addresses

Using the BT Mail App how do you save email addresses from incoming messages? So you they can be used as auto-fill on subsequent messages ! Can't see any options in drop-down menus.

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: BT Mail App - saving email addresses

Hi @jethro,

Thank you for posting. If you reply to an incoming message, the address should be auto-filled. The next time you go to send an email to that same address this should be auto-filled by the app.

Thanks

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Thanks but this does not work  with my situation. I am not replying to the sender but creating a new e-mail which is going to that person and possibly others - on, say, a different topic rather than the one of the original e-mail. In this case I don't want the text of the original e-mail which is what you get if you reply - and you can't delete the original text in a reply - another 'feature' !

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Any response to this - from anyone please ?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Hi @jethro have you got the Remember Recipient option toggled on in the BT email app settings? 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Yes - just checked - it is checked ON

However it's not the recipient I want to remember - it's the sender. There seem to be two issues/'features'( or lack of !)

1. How get the Sender into my Contacts? - The BT app does not allow me to copy the sender's address - there should be an option in the drop-down

2. I want to Send a message to a sender of a previous message about another subject - not a Reply to the original - the BT app does not do auto-fill of the address from a  received message.  Note I cannot use Reply for this situation as the BT app does not allow me to delete the contents of the original message.

The clunky workaround is to draft a reply - and then copy the sender's e-mail address from the original part of the message - then copy this to Contacts and create a new message. 

I hope that clarifies the situation!

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Far simpler to uninstall the BT mail app and install a proper one such as Blue Mail.

Message 8 of 11

Hi @jethro I'm sorry, unfortunately, you can't save contacts within the app. If you save the email address to your phones contact book then in the settings ensure you select both beside contacts source, the email address will then be available in the app's contacts. 

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

See message 7 😀

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

Yes, thank you - I did see it but I feel that BT should be given the opportunity to address the glaring deficiencies in their application.

That said, it's a surprising omission in functionality especially given the level of feedback BT had during its development and migration to the newer mail system. I expect the budget has been exhausted and the App team is in 'Priority  1 Faults Only' mode!

As I use Outlook on my PC I think I'll stick with it on Android as well.

0 Ratings