cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NJW66
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 11

BT Mail: Can't set up additional email addresses

On the Email Managment Page (BT Mail), under My BT - the option to create new email addresses (sub accounts etc) is no longer available.  I have setup two such email addresses in the past, only one of which now appears on this page.  What do I do to resolve this?

I should be able to set up 10 email addresses I believe?

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
NeilO
Message 2 of 11

Re: BT Mail: Can't set up additional email addresses

@NJW66 are you logging in with the primary BT ID and following these instructions

0 Ratings
NJW66
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 11

Thanks for the reply. Yes I am logged in like that and have followed those instructions. I raised this by phone with BT today and the issue seems to be when we moved house last year and BT haven’t tied up the migration properly. Some parts of their system think we have cancelled broadband (we haven’t) and therefore no longer use BT Mail (we do). The whole migration was a very poor process and experience and this looks like another loose end.
0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 11

I must admit I can't imagine why you would want to create flaky btinternet addresses when you can just create Gmail addresses that are ISP independant and transportable. I can understand wishing to keep a legacy address that is a hassle to change but not creating new ones.

0 Ratings
NJW66
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 11

One reason is that I need a new email address for an iCloud account. Gmail doesn’t seem to work. Also I want to manage all my family email addresses in one place. Quite happy with BT for both these purposes.
0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 11

Obviously your choice but you can manage as many addresses as you like from as many providers as you like in one place if you use a mail client.

Seems very strange that you can't use Gmail to set up an iCloud account.

0 Ratings
NJW66
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 11

Thanks for the advice. It’s actually a new Apple ID I need and it didn’t accept two Gmail addresses I tried, hence my thought to try using a new BT email address. This then led me to find out the current problem with my overall BT account, which BT have acknowledged is a problem their side. It wasn’t broken before we moved house and I could do everything I needed. Now I can’t. Frustrating.
0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 11

Post back here if you can't get any sense out of customer services and we'll get the mods involved.

0 Ratings
NJW66
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 11

Thank you. Will do!
0 Ratings
NJW66
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 11

Still waiting for BT to call me back - 5 days now... so I chased today, they said the ticket was closed because they couldn't reach me, even though i left a home and mobile number!  Why not leave a message to say they had called i asked?  They couldn't say why.  I've now had to reopen the ticket and hope that someone calls me.  Ridiculous.  

0 Ratings