Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Justpar
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 11

BT Mail Fails to Work After Transferring From BT Yahoo Mail

Go to solution
I have managed to transfer from BT Yahoo to BT Mail on MS Outlook 2010 and my iPad, but have had TOTAL failure when transferred my wife's account to MS 2010 and her Samsung Tab 2. I followed the instructions supplied by BT to the letter but my wife is unable to log on to her BT Mail. I deleted the account as per the instruction, and set up an account, mine work perfectly but my wife's keeps failing to connect to the server. Can anyone advise, I have written to BT serval time and all I keep receiving are the same same old how to setup an account diagrams, which I haven followed a thousand time, but there is NO TROUBLESHOOTING available? Cheers a very frustrated Justpar.
0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Quelch
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 11

Re: BT Mail Fails to Work After Transferring From BT Yahoo Mail

Go to solution

You have had success with your own account on your own devices.

Have you tried (purely for the purposes of diagnosis/elimination) setting up your WIFE'S account on your OWN devices (iPad and Outlook 2010)? (thus proving that the credentials/password etc. are recognised by the system)

If you succeed on your own devices with your account, but fail on the SAME devices with her account, that tends to point to the account rather than the devices. It might help a lot of time-wasting (and confusion)  with changing passwords etc.

If the account CAN be set up on your own devices, but not on your wife's device, then that suggests it is a device specific "setup" issue rather than an account issue. But you need to prove the account works on your devices first before you can be sure.

Did you switch OFF the Samsung device after deleting the old account?

0 Ratings
Justpar
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution
Just tried to set up my wife's BT Mail account on my iPad and Samsung Galaxy phone, both attempts FAILED. I also tried to setup the BT Mail accounts on my Wife's Nokia phone this also failed. Therefore I now have 5 different devices all incapable of logging on to the BT Mail Account, but still BT are telling me the fault lies with the device manufactures, because the BT Webmail is working, when used via a browser. Getting desperate now, Justpar.
0 Ratings
Quelch
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

@Justpar wrote:
Just tried to set up my wife's BT Mail account on my iPad and Samsung Galaxy phone, both attempts FAILED. I also tried to setup the BT Mail accounts on my Wife's Nokia phone this also failed. Therefore I now have 5 different devices all incapable of logging on to the BT Mail Account, but still BT are telling me the fault lies with the device manufactures, because the BT Webmail is working, when used via a browser. Getting desperate now, Justpar.

So just to get this clear. BT front line support are saying that although your own iPad and your own Samsung can manage your own BTMail account, but it can't access your wife's BTMail account, that is because the DEVICE is at fault?

I can understand why you are getting desperate.

Your options are:

to hope someone rubs the "get a mod magic lantern" on  here - they seem to be able to work miracles, but due to the mess the mail system is in, they have quite a backlog - I think it is at least five days - and that is only if someone rubs the magic lantern - I can't do that I'm afraid.

to write a formal complaint to BT at either their customer services address in Durham - the department you want is 

"Consumer Sales and Services" or the Chairman's Office at the London HQ - there is a dedicated Chairman's Office Team.

If you have already tried the front line support several times and hit a brick wall, then you are fully entitled to escalate the issue. Write a calm factual letter, summarise the problem in para 1 briefly, describe it carefullly in detail and in chronological order, in subsequent paragraphs, and in your final paragraph lay out what your requests are in a bulleted list, including what action you will take if they do not respond to your satisfaction (a customer service complaint can be escalated to Ofcom for what its worth). Be polite but firm.

You can find the 2 main addresses you need from this BT Group web page about contacts here

https://www.btplc.com/thegroup/contactbt/index.cfm

including where to go for a top level complaint.

(if you write to Durham, I would be inclined to Cc to the chairman's office anyway)

Let's hope a mod responds to the original post. I know for a fact that they have read this thread.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Moderator-Retired
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

Hi Justpar, 

Thanks for your post. 

Can you send me over your details and I will be in touch to help with this. 

Please send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile. 

Thanks,

OlgaC 

0 Ratings
Justpar
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution
OlgaC information is now with you are you requested.
0 Ratings
Justpar
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution
I have received a couple of calls from BT Customer Care, who past me on to the experts. I received a call today, and explained my problem, and allowed access to my PC, and followed the little blue arrow that pointed me to the fields that needed to be filled in. Initially we had no joy, but came to the conclusion the Password may have not transferred when converting to BT Mail. We reset the password with a lot of help from the other end, and we managed to set up BT Mail in MS Outlook and Samsung. The only issue outstanding is all the Folders that were in located in MS Outlook have disappeared. So far so good, just hope we can find the folders, or my ire will be hell.
0 Ratings
annegray01
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution
They always say the devices are at fault and the mail works fine, what a joke!
0 Ratings
Miss_Power3
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

I too am having dreadful problems since migration last week, I have contacted chat in india who never care they just go through the motions, I then went to the CEO's technical team and was spoken to so rudely by one of them , yet when I ask for a copy of the call they claim they do not record the calls, my email is timing out all day, it is constantly reloading as I am typing I am getting loads of spam and when I mark it as spam I am getting delivery notices back saying it undelivered. there is no auto save so when it times out as I write an email I lose everything, BT chairman's technical team tell me our email is a free service and we are not paying for it so there was no mis-selling on BT's part when they told me about the wonderful features of email when I first joined them, yet I only renewed my contact a few months ago and they failed to tell me about it then too when it is clear from google forums they knew about it  this is not acceptable to have carried on for so long, they then tell me to use another email client which they do not support fully so why should I  - I am now still trying to get the recording of the call from the technical team in the chairman office which they claim is not recorded,  What I am wondering is why BT has allowed this problem to go on for so long

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

@Miss_Power3 wrote:

.......  What I am wondering is why BT has allowed this problem to go on for so long

I think we are all wondering that. Plus why do they staff their first line support with useless idiots.

0 Ratings