Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
COMPANY-PENSIONER
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 11

BT Mail Morphed Into BT Yahoo Mail

Go to solution

Hi there.

I logged-in, to my BT Mail, that I've had for some long time, and was greeted by you've logged-in to BT Yahoo Mail. I wonder if anyone else is experiencing the same condition ?

I hope this is part of the:-

Announcements

Bear with us on MyBT and email

You may not be able to get on to someBT pages at the moment, including MyBT and email. Our engineers are working hard to fix it as soon as possible. We’re sorry for any inconvenience.

Updated: 27/04/2015

A reassurance from the FORUMS ADMIN / MODS would be appreciated.

Best regards. COMPANY-PENSIONER [ CC1960. Concordia Res Parvae Crescunt ].

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Dippu
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 11

Re: BT Mail Morphed Into BT Yahoo Mail

Go to solution

Yes I have the same problem. Also I get a "splash" telling me that my BY Yahoo email may be compromised. I was transferred to BT Mail awhile ago, so it is a strange message.

I will leave it awhile try again since there have been some problems with BT Mail today and there is an announcement telling the same.

0 Ratings
COMPANY-PENSIONER
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

Hi Again.

While I'm waiting for the current email situation to mature. I rang the BT Broadband Status LINE 0800-169-0199, Option 1. The charming voice informed me:- "It's 2pm, and there's nothing wrong with Email." I've even checked my Favourites, to confirm my BT Mail Log-in URL.

"Is It Down Right Now" indicates problems from about midday.

I can only guess all will be well, sometime soon ? Come on BT, I need to send an urgent email.

ps. In bold type: a tad angry.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

My email account was the same when I tried to log into webmail but is now back to BTMail. I suggest that you DO NOT make any changes to your email log on or click any links. If you leave it alone it will probably correct its self.

0 Ratings
COMPANY-PENSIONER
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

@gg30340 wrote:

My email account was the same when I tried to log into webmail but is now back to BTMail. I suggest that you DO NOT make any changes to your email log on or click any links. If you leave it alone it will probably correct its self.

Hi gg30340.

I checked out my logins to all my BT minutia. Sometime during my rotation, the anomaly cleared. As I write logins are directing me to the correct URL's.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

Glad to hear its sorted for you

0 Ratings
COMPANY-PENSIONER
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

@gg30340 wrote:

Glad to hear its sorted for you

A bit of lateral thinking. If it happens again, I might try logging-in, using URL:-

https://samlfed.bt.com/dantesemailuk.htm

Just to see the navigation pan out.

Best regards. COMPANY-PENSIONER [ CC1960. Concordia Res Parvae Crescunt ]. Smiley Surprised

0 Ratings
felledger
Beginner
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

My btmail morphed randomly into the appalling btyahoo mail. How do I get it back?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

You can check what version of email you are on here

http://diagnostics.bt.com/login/?workflow=EmailChecker

I could be wrong but I doubt that you have gone from BTMail to BTYahoo. What has probably happened is that you were on BTYahoo and you are now seeing the "upgraded" interface that Yahoo/BTYahoo are now using. You can not go back to the old interface but you can use the "basic" version by clicking on the cog icon at the top right and selecting settings.

If however you have gone from BTMail to BTYahoo I would suggest you do as previously suggested in this thread and that is wait for it to correct its self.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sarahdeb
Beginner
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

I have had  the same problem of Yahoo taking over my BT account at the end of August 2014 annd I STILL now, on the 1st October 2015, can not get rid of it and go back to BT. All my emails sent now appear in other people's email lists as 'Yahoo' with no mention of my name.

How can I get rid of it???

Every time I try to login to BT it just tells me it is not avaiable at the moment.

I am thinking of leaving BT now as I just can't stand yahoo!!

Sarahdeb

0 Ratings