cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chrissaf
Beginner
Message 1 of 11

BT Mail Rules (unable to select a forwarding email address in the 'Set rule action' box).

Go to solution

This issue relates to the BT Mail Web Based interface and nothing to do with my IMAP client.

I have previously set up several rules that all work fine. In the case of the rules previously configured the 'Set rule action' has been to discard the mail.

This time I am trying to set up a 'rule' where the 'Set rule action' is to forward the message to a new email address recipient. I do not want to 'forward ALL mails' just the ones, filtered by the configured 'rule'.

After configuring the rule filters 'from' 'to' 'contains' etc.

I select the 'ForwardtoEmail' option in the 'Set rule action' pull down box, but then nothing appears where I can either manually enter or select from a list of contacts which email address I want my rule to forward the filtered message to.

I have scrolled up and down the full length of the 'rules' dialogue box, there are no fields or buttons etc where the destination recipient mail address can be entered.

The mail address I want to select as the forwarding mail address is in my 'Contacts' list and also in my 'Safe Senders' list.

If I just go ahead and click on the 'Save Rule' button (thinking that might offer a data field to enter the address) I just get an error message box saying that I need to 'Select a Recipient'.

I have tried both Firefox and Internet Explorer 11 in case the web interface is browser specific. PC is Windows 10 Professional fully patched to latest version.

This does seem to me to be a 'Bug'.

Appreciate any explanation or advice anybody can give to resolve this - if a resolution is even possible.

Chris

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: BT Mail Rules (unable to select a forwarding email address in the 'Set rule action' box).

Go to solution

Just tried setting up a rule, works ok for me. When you click on 'Set rule action' and choose the forwarding option, a box appears to the right, start entering an address and relevant options from your contacts will be presented.

forwardemail.jpg

0 Ratings
chrissaf
Beginner
Message 3 of 11

Re: BT Mail Rules (unable to select a forwarding email address in the 'Set rule action' box).

Go to solution

No box to the right or anywhere else appears for me. As you can see in screen capture below. 'ForwardtoEmail' has been selected in the pull down box, but no further dialogue box appears. As i said in original post, tried both Firefox and IE11 with exactly same results.

Region.jpg

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

Please edit your screenshot, your email address is showing.

That's weird, I'm using Firefox 75.0 and is fine as you can see.

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

Does the box open if the first thing you do is select action before entering any rule parameters. I've tried all sorts of combinations of entering/not entering fields and always get the box.

0 Ratings
chrissaf
Beginner
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

Issue resolved.

Thank you for your screen capture showing the location of the recipient mail entry box.

For some reason, my box is invisible.

BUT, if I place my cursor in the vicinity (to the right of the 'ForwardtoEmail' box) and click the location shown in your screen capture. I get the flashing vertical line 'text cursor' to appear and I can start to type a mail address. As soon as the first character is entered, the selection list with the bluish infill background appears offering me the mail address from my 'contacts' that I want to choose.

OK it would be nice if I could get the box perimeter to display, but at least I can now complete my rule.

Thank you once more.

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

Strange.

Don't forget to edit your screenshot, you only have an hour from posting to edit it. hate for you to get inundated with spam.

0 Ratings
chrissaf
Beginner
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

original image edited as requested, I didn't notice it was there. Thank you.

As you can see in this new screen capture (address details blurred by me before posting). The cursor is there, the pull down selection box is there, but no perimeter around the data entry box.

Region.jpg

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

That's really odd. I wondered if it was due to browser zoom level but tried it at various zoom settings and always get a box.  I wonder if its screen size/resolution related.

0 Ratings
chrissaf
Beginner
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

Just for info,

My FF is 75 too

I have tried adjusting contrast on my graphics card ... no difference.

I have tried adjusting brightness on my graphics card ... no difference.

I have tried light and dark display themes in FF customisations panel ... no difference.

The box edge is just not there on my system.

0 Ratings