cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

BT Mail app

I have the BT Mail app on my iPhone.  Each time I try to use it I have to login with email and password, it doesn't even have facial recognition - can anyone explain why?

It is beyond frustrating as I am often overseas and rely on using the app rather than through Apple mail as I regularly get the 'unable to recognise user name or password' etc.

Thanks

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: BT Mail app

@Vicks1 wrote:

I have the BT Mail app on my iPhone.  Each time I try to use it I have to login with email and password, it doesn't even have facial recognition - can anyone explain why?  Because it is rubbish. Use a decent email app such as Bluemail.

It is beyond frustrating as I am often overseas and rely on using the app rather than through Apple mail as I regularly get the 'unable to recognise user name or password' etc.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Hi, @Vicks1 Thanks for posting, our BT email team are working on a fix for that at the moment and I apologise for the inconvenience caused.

Thanks 

Neil

Message 4 of 11

Exact same for me and after signing in you get the same pop ups despite clicking on the ‘don’t show this again’ box.

what is the point in having a smart phone app that has no smart features? Doesn’t remember you, doesn’t pick up your saved passwords (you have to manually scroll through to find), doesn’t do facial recognition and doesn’t remember the don’t show this again option when selected.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

See message 2

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

With all due respect why should we have to use a different mail app. BT services are not cheap, and if you leave BT broadband you have to pay £7.50 a month to retain your email address. The least you should expect is to receive fit for purpose services, not use other propriety software to get them to work properly.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Please yourself, third party mail apps are far superior and free. BT has never provided a mail app until recently and I have no idea why they thought they should given the dire implementation they have produced.

Message 8 of 11

@Burnside5 wrote:
With all due respect why should we have to use a different mail app. Because there is no requirement to use the BT one, particularly when there are far superior ones available. BT services are not cheap, and if you leave BT broadband you have to pay £7.50 a month to retain your email address. You do not need to pay to retain your email address. If you leave BT your email account will be downgraded to BTMail basic which can be accessed using a web browser. If you want to use an email client/app you would need to subscribe to a BT Premium email account. BT Email products | Types of BT Emails | BT Help  In case you are not aware, using a non BT email client/app does not mean you have to use a different email address. Your BT email address will work with any email client/app. The least you should expect is to receive fit for purpose services, not use other propriety software to get them to work properly. Why not use other propriety software, depending on your device of choice do you use only the devices such as Google software or only Apple software or on a computer only Microsoft software. We all agree that BT Mail app should work and be fit for purpose but it isn't so the best option would be to use one that is but as already stated it is your choice.    

Message 9 of 11

My point is the solution shouldn’t be to use a propriety email application, a company like BT should be able provide an app that works properly on iOS and Android. Yes there is better proprietary software but you would expect the app that BT provide for iOS to work with iOS security/sign-on.

When I moved away from BT broadband a few years back they informed me that the only way to keep my BT email address was to pay for Premium mail, there was no mention of BTMail basic for free.

And sorry your comparison of only using Apple software on an Apple device is completely irrelevant. This is about using a BT app to use BY email, not using a BT app on BT hardware.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

No because BT email was Yahoo and Yahoo provided an email app. BT launched their app shortly after moving away from Yahoo. I’d have thought a distinguished sage would have known that?
0 Ratings