cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amical
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 56

BT Mail asking do I want to leave this page

Whenever I save an email or delete one the pop up box appears re Leave this page or Stay on this page. Has been happening intermittently over the last week or so. Is happening constantly today despite rebooting.

Is anyone else experiencing same problem?

0 Ratings
55 REPLIES 55
Papageno
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 56

Re: BT Mail asking do I want to leave this page

I too am having the same problem, plus very intermittent access to server, demand to change passwoard... a real nightmare..

0 Ratings
amical
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 56

Contacted BT fe this problem he reset my Internet Options - hasn't worked. Understand it relates to Java Script but why has it just started happening?

0 Ratings
Johnoo
Expert
Message 4 of 56

I to am getting this box which says "do I want to stay or leave this page"

What is causing it?

How can I cure it?

0 Ratings
Johnoo
Expert
Message 5 of 56

I'm using BTYahoo mail & I keep getting this message about do I want to leave this page.

It's more than annoying it's making me make errors in e mails.

Please, how can it be cured?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 56

You can cure that particular problem easily by using a mail client such as Windows Live Mail or Thunderbird.

0 Ratings
Johnoo
Expert
Message 7 of 56

@licquorice wrote:

You can cure that particular problem easily by using a mail client such as Windows Live Mail or Thunderbird.

Quite probably, but I'm reporting a problem using BTYahoo & looking for a solution on this.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 56

Hi everyone,

The pop up is normal behaviour and is a feature of javscript running on your browser, you'll probably notice this pop up also happens on other sites too.

The reason why its there is to prevent you leaving the webpage by mistake, for example if you spent a long time typing up an email then clicked on the back button by mistake before sending it you would lose the text you've typed. The pop up is there as a fail safe to make sure you do actually want to leave the webpage and stop you inadvertently losing the email you may have typed but not sent .

You can disable the javascript feature on your browser settings but this could potentially cause problems with other websites that use this feature.

Thanks

Neil

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Johnoo
Expert
Message 9 of 56

Neil,

Your post is i think incorrect.

This message only comes up on the BTyahoo mail site, have never noted it on other sites.

Also it keeps coming up in the middle of composing mails

Also it has only just started.

I believe i's a problem.

Would you please investigate

Thanks

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 56

@Johnoo

sorry I disagree I get that message from a few other sites I use which have nothing to do with BT

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings