cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChrisB
Expert
Message 11 of 18

Re: BT Mail high level filtering blocking emails

This has started happening again. Emails are disappearing or going missing for long periods of time. This is completely unacceptable. BT is stopping re-directs from 1and1. I know this because the emails are sent to a hotmail address as well and these come through immediately. This blocking has re-appearing from Saturday onwards.

CAN A MODERATOR CONTACT BT's EMAIL TEAM ABOUT THIS PLEASE?

0 Ratings
ChrisB
Expert
Message 12 of 18

Please can a moderator help. I've tried phoning but they just cannot deal with this. I need to speak to someone from BT's Email team. Just to re-iterate my mail is being "lost" before it even reaches my email inbox. It's an issue between 1and1 servers and BT's servers.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 18

Hi @ChrisB,

We can certainly look into this for you. It's taking a few days for us to pick an email up right now but we will. To get in touch, click on my user name and then on contact the mods. Make sure you list your best contact details for us to call you on or an alternative contact email address.

Thank you

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
ChrisB
Expert
Message 14 of 18

Just had an email into my BT account (at 1609) that was sent this morning at 0950 (arrived in Hotmail straight away at 0950) so BT have delayed it by over 6h. This is completely unacceptable.

Why can't BT sort this out?
0 Ratings
ChrisB
Expert
Message 15 of 18

It's improving. One sent at 1725 arrives at 1738, only 13 mins late. Mind you two test I sent earlier (1246 and 1600) have yet to appear. It all appears very random. Please pull your fingers out BT Email.

0 Ratings
ChrisB
Expert
Message 16 of 18

The 1246 email has arrived at 2215 (9.5h late) and the 1600 email has arrived at 2217 (only 6h late!). The email sent on Saturday has now arrived at 0148 only 2.5 DAYS late. I think all the backlogs have now appeared. They were obviously held in limbo on BT Servers having arrived from 1and1 Servers.

No apology from BT and nothing to assure me why this happened and won't happen in the future. BT is this the way you should treat your customers? The so-called help desks are useless at dealing with this. Their scripts all assume that we the customers have done something wrong. Why can't I be contacted by someone at higher level about this?

0 Ratings
Gill_in_Warks
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 18

If you can see the various "Received" headers on your finally received mails you'll be able to see where in the chain they were held.  Probably on 1&1's gateway servers when they were tryign to deliver to BT and getting connections rejected, if it's anythign liek the pattern we've seen on our servers trying to send to BT over the past few days.

0 Ratings
ChrisB
Expert
Message 18 of 18

I'm in a catch 22 loop.

BT seems unable to deal with this. I've left a complaint open because the support team will not/are unwilling to contact the BT Mail Team about this. BT effectively close the compliant by just leaving it open for a few days and then say it's dealt with.

I'd hope the community forum would help. They haven't to quote from an emails from Therese "After reviewing your account I can see that my colleagues have been speaking with you and have dealt with your query" which is just not true.

Please can someone in the vast organisation take this issue seriously. Emails being "lost" for three days and then turning up is just not good enough.

Should I contact the chief executive?

0 Ratings