cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Message 1 of 27

BT Mail on client

Go to solution

Do nothing does not help. The app fails with BT Mail so leaving it alone will not let me know when the problem is fixed. I need to spend time every couple of days inputting the username/passwords/IMAP and SMTP settings. I also depend on the app to sync my contact and calendars from another source.

BT may be migrating accounts, but they are not keeping users informed.

0 Ratings
26 REPLIES 26
Moderator-Retired
Message 2 of 27

Re: BT Mail on client

Go to solution

Hi @outback3012,

Welcome back to the Community and thanks for posting. I have moved your post onto a new thread as you posted on a thread that had already been resolved and your post may not get much traffic on there. I'm sorry that you're experiencing problems with BT Mail.

When you log into BT Mail via bt.com do you see the Yahoo logo at the top of the screen?

Are you only experiencing this issue on email clients and not webmail?

Thanks

Matt

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 3 of 27

Go to solution

Matt,

Thank you. I was not aware that the problem had been resolved as you mentioned in your comment.

When I log on to BT Mail I see the BT roundel with Yahoo mail next to it.

There are no problems with Outlook on Windows laptop, or GMail and BlueMail as apps on Android phone. I also have email access on iPad through Apple's native mail app, all with no problems.

I have used advanced settings on Outlook for Android, but after entering IMAP and SMTP settings the connection fails. I am using the mail.btinternet.com settings with the right port numbers.

I have recently deleted and reinstalled the Android app, yet the problem persists. Unless there is a very good and 'guaranteed to work' solution that requires me to factory reset my phone, I do not intend to go down that route.

I have seen one user report that he gets the 'Not Yahoo' prompt on his screen when setting up Outlook on his Android device. This must have been an earlier version as 4.1.27 does not give this option.

I have been in touch with Microsoft Help, and they appear to see the BT servers as being at fault.

I choose Outlook because I have it installed to pull my calendar and contacts from my  Outlook.com account. I do not see any method to pull the same detail from BT Mail.

So the question is, when will my Yahoo! account be migrated and will it proved to be the solution.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 27

Go to solution

First of all Outlook the app has no connection with Outlook.com the service.

From other posts on the forum, it is beginning to look like the problem is with Outlook for Android rather than BT for once, particularly as other clients appear to be working ok.

Are you using the correct settings on the app? You shouldn't be using Yahoo servers.

https://www.bt.com/help/email/manage-email-account/manual-settings/what-are-the-settings-for-outgoin...

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 5 of 27

Go to solution

First of all Outlook the app has no connection with Outlook.com the service.

I know that - I am brand loyal

From other posts on the forum, it is beginning to look like the problem is with Outlook rather than BT for once, particularly as other clients appear to be working ok.

This is not what MS are saying. I presume it is BT and MS not communicating. The same issue is facing me on my Amazon Fire using a 4.0 version of Outlook.

Are you using the correct settings on the app? You shouldn't be using Yahoo servers.

I am not using the Yahoo settings for the app. I am aware of the link below. However the app does not allow any SSL or authentication settings to be viewed or set. In Advanced Settings the correct IMAP/SMTP address and port numbers are picked up automatically by they are not sticking.

https://www.bt.com/help/email/manage-email-account/manual-settings/what-are-the-settings-for-outgoin...

If you know of any successful resolution that is working, please let the forum know.

Phil

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 27

Go to solution

I'm still on BTYahoo and I've just set up a test account using Outlook for Android and it worked fine. I did enter my password in the advanced settings for both IMAP and SMTP don't know if that is significant.

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 7 of 27

Go to solution

Thank you, I have also reset my account. It works, downloads email and folders. It also fails within 24 hours. Can you let me know what version of Outlook for Android you are using? I may need to update or rollback via APK to a version that is not in PlayStore.

Phil

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 27

Go to solution

Its version 4.1.27 (394) on a Google Pixel 3 Android 10

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 9 of 27

Go to solution

Thank you, the same version as me.

I will reset my account again, now, and if the app is still running properly tomorrow at this time, I will break out the champagne.

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 27

Go to solution

I'll leave the test account on my phone and check again tomorrow and for a few days.