Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Message 11 of 27

Re: BT Mail on client

Go to solution

Now I am stumped.

Reentered the details, opened Advanced Setting, checked IMAP and SMTP, correct settings and port numbers. Entered password - then Log-In Error, Please check your email and password and try again.

This time - do everything above but before pressing the tick at the top, close Advanced Settings...and it now makes a successful connection.

Email and folders downloaded. Waiting for 24 hours before celebrating...although I have been here before.

Phil

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 27

Go to solution

Hmm, does rather point to a flaky app.

Must admit I use Blue Mail for my 'real' accounts.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 27

Go to solution

Top tip...You are probably best to avoid using an ISP's mail. Gmail, iCloud, and Outlook are all free. If you switch providers in the future you would loose your email account.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 27

Go to solution

@apb1234 wrote:

Top tip...You are probably best to avoid using an ISP's mail. Gmail, iCloud, and Outlook are all free. If you switch providers in the future you would loose your email account.

Top Tip... No you wouldn't loose your BT email account if you switch provider in the future.

Bt will be offering a basic email account if you wish to keep your email account should you no longer have BT Broadband.

https://www.bt.com/broadband/extras/chooseemailtype

Contributor
Message 15 of 27

Go to solution

It may be a flaky app, it has the same point of failure on the  Fire tablet.

It was working well for the three of four months that I have had the phone, and seems to have fallen over at about the same time that BT made the decision to migrate the Yahoo users.

I believe that it would be helpful if the BT Mail Technical side disclosed anything that they have uncovered and passed to Microsoft. Full disclosure would then provide knowledge rather than speculation into the problems.

Phil

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 27

Go to solution

@outback3012 wrote:

I believe that it would be helpful if the BT Mail Technical side disclosed anything that they have uncovered and passed to Microsoft. Full disclosure would then provide knowledge rather than speculation into the problems.

Phil

Well that ain't ever going to happen!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 27

Go to solution

pig2.GIF

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 18 of 27

Go to solution

@gg30340wrote:

https://www.bt.com/broadband/extras/chooseemailtype

I'm not sure if that page is actually valid. BT used to offer a Basic email account many years ago. The links only go to the homepage, and the price for Premium is not shown - it even mentions the BT Mail app!

As BT never put a publish date on their pages, it's unclear.

I personally believe that page is not current as I don't believe Basic email is available.

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 19 of 27

Go to solution

@licquoricewrote:

pig2.GIF

It is a reasonable request from a Mail customer since 1996

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 20 of 27

Go to solution

@gg30340wrote:

@outback3012wrote:

Phil

Well that ain't ever going to happen!

A strong case for BOHICA then?

0 Ratings