Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 21 of 27

Re: BT Mail on client

Go to solution

@Andy_N wrote:

@gg30340wrote:

https://www.bt.com/broadband/extras/chooseemailtype

I'm not sure if that page is actually valid. BT used to offer a Basic email account many years ago. The links only go to the homepage, and the price for Premium is not shown - it even mentions the BT Mail app!

As BT never put a publish date on their pages, it's unclear.

I personally believe that page is not current as I don't believe Basic email is available.

It is and it will be.

Aspiring Contributor
Message 22 of 27

Go to solution

Top tip... This is the most dumbed down email I have ever seen. You can't even use a third party client or your phone you have to log in on a web page.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 23 of 27

Go to solution

Top Tip... That's because it's free!

If you want the other things become a BT customer!

Distinguished Guru
Message 24 of 27

Go to solution

@apb1234wrote:

Top tip... This is the most dumbed down email I have ever seen. You can't even use a third party client or your phone you have to log in on a web page.

BT used to provide a Basic email service many many years ago, but I'm not sure how much it was used and it was subsequently dropped. If they are going to start it again with various restrictions, then so be it. Phones can use browsers, but email wont be very easy via webmail ...

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 25 of 27

Go to solution

@outback3012wrote:

Thank you, the same version as me.

I will reset my account again, now, and if the app is still running properly tomorrow at this time, I will break out the champagne.

I am now on day three of using the latest logon on Outlook for Android and all seems to be working fine. Both accounts (Mail from BT and contacts and calendar from Outlook) are synchronising as expected.

I do not believe that this was the result of a 'flaky' app as one contributor stated, rather than a challenging set of server issues on behalf of BT Mail. BT Tech are unlikely to see this let alone reply, so I will let this hang there and let the community make their own judgement.

However, no one has yet been able to provide me with the methodology for connecting to BT Calendar and Contacts and synching those.

On the whole, the app is presently working as expected, the thread has morphed into a different discussion. I thank those that provided constructive guidance.

Regards

Phil

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 26 of 27

Go to solution

@gg30340wrote:

https://www.bt.com/broadband/extras/chooseemailtype

That page has been removed, either it was as I said - old news - or they put it up by mistake.

That still makes BT look stupid when the BBC report says they offer a Basic free email service.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 27 of 27

Go to solution

I guess you'll just need to watch this space!

0 Ratings