Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Guru
Message 11 of 16

Re: BT Mail or Yahoo Mail

Go to solution

@kchopswrote:

I did I had an email from BT to say that there had been a security breach and BT and Yahoo were separating. I followed the link in the email set up a BT ID change my password everything that the email said. In those days I used to login to read my emails and it said BT mail at the top of the page. Now I use Outlook as an email client and I have done since about 2009 ish maybe earlier and I do not understand when or how I have migrated back.

You haven't been migrated back to BTYahoo.

When you say "in those days", when exactly do you mean? It may have said BT mail at the top, but it may have had a Yahoo image too. Currently it simply shows BT (next to a globe), then YAHOO! over the word MAIL.

I don't recall seeing an email about a security breach leading to BT and Yahoo separating ... and I've got all the emails BT sent. The one about migrating I received on 5/3/2014, and for me nothing later relevant.

Did you by any chance have more than one primary email address?

0 Ratings
BeakerPVS
Message 12 of 16

Go to solution
The weblink does not work
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 13 of 16

Go to solution

@BeakerPVSwrote:
The weblink does not work

Hi, welcome to the forums.

Can you expand a little for your issue?

Are you saying that access via :-

https://www.bt.com/mail

doesn't work? or do you mean the diagnostics link? Please note the that post was over 3½ years ago - and therefore may have been altered/removed.

0 Ratings
BeakerPVS
Message 14 of 16

Go to solution
Sorry, I meant the diagnostics link.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 16

Go to solution

This thread is over 3 years old and that link is no longer relevant or working. If you have a specific problem you should start a new thread and outline what the problem is and which email system you are on.

If you became a BT Broadband customer in the last four years you will be on the BTMail system but to be sure log onto your email account via a web browser and if you see Yahoo at the BT logo it means you are on the BTYahoo system.

If no mention of Yahoo it means you are on the BTMail system.

0 Ratings
BeakerPVS
Message 16 of 16

Go to solution
Thank you for the update.
Sorry to have troubled you.
0 Ratings