Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Guru
Message 1 of 7

BT Mail to replace BT Yahoo

As the title, details here and here

"BT announced today that it is switching millions of its broadband customers’ email accounts to a new BT Mail service, as part of a major relaunch of BT.com and its email services."

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT Mail to replace BT Yahoo

And for forum devotees, here.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
woodysez
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Hope they don't make the same hash of it that Sky did when they changed from Google mail.
0 Ratings
JMB
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 7

I am not worried about the loss of BT Yahoo Mail but the loss of Flickr Pro is worrying (even though Yahoo have recently messed up Flickr).  I have over 16,000 images on Flickr Pro all with comments, Sets, Groups etc so it is not practical to download and reload them.  Will Yahoo / Flickr be able to let me keep the same user name on a paid accound?

----
MB
----
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

@JMB wrote:

I am not worried about the loss of BT Yahoo Mail but the loss of Flickr Pro is worrying (even though Yahoo have recently messed up Flickr).  I have over 16,000 images on Flickr Pro all with comments, Sets, Groups etc so it is not practical to download and reload them.  Will Yahoo / Flickr be able to let me keep the same user name on a paid accound?

I don't know what will happen and neither do Flickr or BT by the sound of it. Have a look at this thread on the Flickr forum

https://www.flickr.com/help/forum/en-us/72157633653518036/

Found this on the Frequently Asked Qusetions in this link

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44789/?s_cid=con_FURL_email_newemail

Flickr

If you use your BT Yahoo! log in to access Flickr, this will still work until you are moved to BT Mail. If you do nothing then your photos will become inaccessible after a while.

If you want to keep using Flickr, Yahoo is creating a way for you to download your information or create a new Flickr account. We'll be giving BT Yahoo! Flickr users more information about that in advance of any changes.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
JMB
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 7

Yes seen discussions on Flickr and, as you write, no one seems to really know. Just thought would put some comments on record somewhere they might be seen by people within BT Internet.
----
MB
----
0 Ratings
FearlessFred
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 7

Yeah, this has got me worried too. I've got around 3000 photos on Flickr, updating it regularly. The sooner that BT and Yahoo publish what's going to happen the better. I'll need to appraise whether to continue on Flickr as either a Free account or an Ad-free account, or to switch to another Photo-hosting site....

0 Ratings