Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Annalong12
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 19

BT Mail upgrade

Go to solution

Since the upgrade, outgoing messages have contained typos, and paragraphs all rolled into one long message. Anyone else experience this please?

18 REPLIES 18
terrys
Beginner
Message 2 of 19

Re: BT Mail upgrade

Go to solution

Same problem! Been in touch with BT and they suggested a different browser. This did work and cured paragraph break problem BUT.......now the e-mails are all double line spaced when received! 

0 Ratings
Alan20
Beginner
Message 3 of 19

Go to solution

Yes I have the same problem, I phoned BT on Friday and I was speaking to a foreign chap, and to be honest I could hardly understand what he was saying, he connected me to another chap and I gave him permission to access my computer, I typed a small message with 5 paragraphs, I sent it to myself, when I opened the message up, it was all in a straight line, this chap then said  "All the spaces between the letters look ok"  I just couldn't believe he said that, I said no, where are the paragraphs, so I went through the process again, and then he said, "Oh yes, I see what you mean"

I am still waiting, nothing has been done so far.  I will keep you posted and let you know if anything happens.

Alan20

0 Ratings
Moonraker69
Message 4 of 19

Go to solution

I have had exactly same problem when sending e-mails since this revised BT Mail Upgrade earlier this week. Several phone calls to BT and still experiencing the issue and awaiting a resolution hopefully after Christmas now.

As per Alan20 when composing an e-mail in letter style format with introduction, several paragraphs and a sign off signature etc which is correctly typed, punctuation and spacing (as per this example) the person receiving the email has everything as a continous block of words which looks totally unprofessional and is totally unacceptable. Not the image one wishes to convey. 

Why are these upgrades not fully tested before implementing on customers such as ourselves without being asked or having the option to stay on the existing system, which had worked fine and which has a layout we are happy with and used to and which seems much easier, quicker and clearer to use than the recently revised one?

I would be more than happy to revert to the previous version of BT e-mail if it means that I can, with confidence, send my emails in a professionally looking manner as previously. 

This issue must be resolved as a matter of urgency please. Hopefully I will receive the booked call back on Thursday to resolve this as I cannot go another week without having a fully functioning e-mail system to use. 

At the moment this latest revision is not fit for purpose.

Moonraker69

0 Ratings
terrys
Beginner
Message 5 of 19

Go to solution

I would be very interested to know what BT advise on your call back on Thursday. When I spoke to them on Saturday I was left with the impression that it was all my fault! Trying to say that my current browser wasn't up to date when in fact it didn't work properly in three different browsers - MS Edge, rolled all the paragraph breaks into a continuous stream, Google Chrome and Firefox, all the lines are double or even triple spaced! 

I intend to contact BT again after Xmas so I'll post again then

0 Ratings
Alan20
Beginner
Message 6 of 19

Go to solution

Alady from India called me yesterday, and I gave her access to my computer, she was trying different things, and she swopped my browser to google chrome, I signed in ok and I wrote a few paragraphs and sent it to myself, and it opened up with larger spaces between the paragraphs, she was trying different things but nothing changed, she said she would rinng me again on Thursday afternoon, so we shall see what happens.  I will do a post and let you and everyone else know what happens.

Happy Christmas to Everyone

Alan20

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 19

Go to solution

When composing your email try changing the text format to "plain". It appears to default to "rich". You are given the option in the menu bar below where you enter the address and subject.

terrys
Beginner
Message 8 of 19

Go to solution

Great tip. Tried changing it to Plain text this morning and it seems to work fine. Thanks for your help

maewilliam
Beginner
Message 9 of 19

Go to solution

Just read this fix re formatting and tried it - when we went on to compose another it had changed back - is it possible to make the preferred choice permanent.

I also see there are several other threads all commenting on the new format and not making progress other than ''one off fixes'' like this. These are useful as temporary fixes only.

Can someone from BT simply explain how we get back to the Classic format which worked perfectly well - we were not even invited or warned before being moved to the new format. My wife is the main BT account holder and she still has the Classic view - why was my account changed at all

We started a query several weeks ago and gave up after seeing no progress - trying one more time on this new query to see if things get any better - but none too hopeful.

Seasons Gretings to All

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Alan20
Beginner
Message 10 of 19

Go to solution

Thanks for that, I changed the text format to plain, and I sent an email to my wife, and I am pleased to say it arrived just how I had sent it, proper spaces between the paragraphs, hopefully everything will be alright now.  Thanks again for your help.

Happy Christmas

Alan20

0 Ratings