cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

BT Outlook Integration

Go to solution

Hi,

I have lost connectivity between my Outlook client and BT email accounts(IMAP / 2no.)

Accounts are working if I use webmail, but am having server connectivity issues(mail.btinternet.com) between Outlook client and BT.

Was all working fine yesterday, howver can now only use mail via Web as opposed to preferred MS Outlook.

Is this related to the the wider MyBT issue?

Any help appreciated.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT Outlook Integration

Go to solution

Are you a BT broadband customer or paying for Premium Mail? If neither, your email account will have been downgraded to Basic mail which is only accessible via webmail.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Hi,

Yes, I am a BT broadband customer, but unsure regarding Premium Mail as was not something I was aware of.

I have been using MS Outlook for many years without an issue.

How do I check my status in respect of Premium Mail as the inactivity / lost connection only started today.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Premium mail is for non BT broadband customers, as you have BT broadband it is irrelevant.

Probably just a glitch with the flaky BT email system.

You could try disconnecting your hub for half an hour or so to get a different IP address and thus possibly a different email server.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Understood and thanks for the note.

Will try that later when others not using the connection, etc.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Hi,

This worked!

Thanks you so much for the advice regarding a reboot of the router to obtain a new IP address.

Much appreciated and so glad I registered for the community yesterday!