Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

BT Premium Email Failure - Incorrect SPAM Rejections & Unhelpful BT Postmaster

Go to solution

I have BT Premium Email but for the last 48 hours it is false-flagging normal email traffic as SPAM.

This includes email from my own registered domain that worked previously.  The failure message states that my domain is on "industry URI blacklists (Spamhaus/Invaluement/ReturnPath)" but this is not true.  I have checked my domain, IP, DNS records, MX records against the 3 listed providers as well as a couple more major providers - all my details are 100% clean.  Additionally I added my domain to 'safe senders' on my bt email account, both as a wildcard for the domain and individual addresses, with no effect.

I provided the results of the 3 providers listed to the postmaster@btinternet.com - the reply was not helpful:

Hi ,

You should check the ip addresses on Spamhaus and Invaluement for any blocking

and

If they are not listed on these RBLs then I would expect your emails to be delivered and for you not to receive that error message.
Thank you,
Postmaster

Apparently the Postmaster overlooked or ignored the results in my email and whilst I agree that I should receive emails if shown as not listed this is patently not happening.  I emailed the results again to clarify but the second email did not trigger a reply.

Example Failure Message:

I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.
This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

<rob.XXXXXXX@btinternet.com>:
Connected to 213.120.69.89 but sender was rejected.
Remote host said: 522-email sent from XXXXXXX.me found on industry URI blacklists (Spamhaus/Invaluement/ReturnPath) on 2020/10/02 08:50:46 BST.
522 To protect our customers, we use leading industry providers of blacklists to ensure only good senders can send email to us. If believe this is a mistake, please contact them directly as there is nothing our Postmaster will be able to do.

--- Below this line is a copy of the message.

Return-Path: <rob@XXXXXXX.me>
Received: (qmail 29799 invoked by uid 108); 2 Oct 2020 08:50:45 +0100
Received: from unknown (HELO XXXXXXX.me) (::1)
  by haveworx.co.uk with SMTP; 2 Oct 2020 08:50:45 +0100
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
 boundary="=_940d0a0dbc98795d7df35c1c141132b4"
Date: Fri, 02 Oct 2020 08:50:45 +0100
To: rob.XXXXXXX@btinternet.com
Subject: From .me on webmail to bt
Message-ID: <4b41dbc4514027c8b21399eb68efa080@XXXXXXX.me>
X-Sender: rob@XXXXXXX.me (rob@XXXXXXX.me)
User-Agent: Roundcube Webmail/1.3.6

--=_940d0a0dbc98795d7df35c1c141132b4
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII

@SeanD 

@PaddyB 

Who at BT can resolve this and in the interim can I be credited so that I am not paying for a service that is not working properly?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Moderator-Retired
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT Premium Email Failure - Incorrect SPAM Rejections & Unhelpful BT Postmaster

Go to solution

Hi @Robbie,

Welcome back to the Community and thanks for taking the time to post.

Sorry to hear about the problems you are having with your email account. We can chase this up with Post Master for you, I have sent you a private message.

Thanks

Matt

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Re: BT Premium Email Failure - Incorrect SPAM Rejections & Unhelpful BT Postmaster

Go to solution

Thanks Matt, that is appreciated.

Regards, Rob.

Highlighted
Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

The emails are flowing correctly again, so thank-you to whoever kicked the server in the right place.

👍

[Probably jinxed it now.]

Highlighted
Moderator-Retired
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @Robbie,

Thanks for the update.

Hopefully, you have not jinxed it now but if the issue comes back, let us know and we can get another case opened.

Thanks

Matt

Highlighted
Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Will do & thanks again.

0 Ratings