cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

BT Premium Email - but how do I get it?

Go to solution

I moved from BT Halo 3 to Gigaclear today (thank goodness) and swapped my 60Mbs broadband (which falls over evry night around 9pm and costs £80.70 per month for 500Mbs + VOIP phone line for £29/mth.  However, I need to retain my BT Email and must get Premium email - but how?  The website just sends me round in circles and offers no way of ordering it.  Any suggestions gratefully received.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Premium Email - but how do I get it?

Go to solution

Did you try calling the number listed here 

For help or to cancel your Premium email call 0808 100 6778, Monday to Friday 9am to 9pm, Saturday and Sunday 9am to 6pm.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

you should receive an email from BT 'sorry your leaving' which should include link to premium mail and also explain about being moved to basic email which gives access but only web based not app

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

If you are happy just to use webmail, using a web browser instead of using an email client/app you could just use BTMail Basic. This is a free downgrade of your present email account.

See link

www.bt.com/help/email/bt-email-products#:~:text=BT%20Email%20is%20secure%2C%20easy,)%20and%20Basic%2...).

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Thank you to gg30340, licquorice and mjolly for your replies.  The day after my service ended I went into my account and saw my email was scheduled to be downgraded to basic that day but there was a link to order Premium which I have done.

I didn't want to leave BT but the draw of full-fibre from Gigaclear was to great with no indication from Openreach when and if I would ever get it from them despite my son, who lives a mile away, already having it.

0 Ratings