cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Daisymm76
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

BT Premium Mail / linking email account

PLEASE HELP !! Bit of background - I have had a xxx.btinternet.com email address for 15+ years, originally set up as a friends and family account on my dads BT broadband account . No problems up until about 5 weeks ago when my password was rejected. 2 calls to BT and a next day callback later, password changed and they set me up a BT ID.  However I later found on my BT ID portal that my email address was there but  not linked to a BT account anymore and I was given the option to buy premium email to keep the email account. I took the opportunity to do this so I can manage the account myself going forward, don’t mind paying the £7.50. Account was set up with account number but email address wasn’t linked to it and only option was to ‘import’’ it which gave a series of further  red error messages. 2 calls later with premium mail ‘tech’ representatives , they created me a new BT ID with a gmail address I have as the log in. Still no luck importing my email account. I was told it would  then be referred to ‘BT Tier 2’ and I was told someone would get in contact in 2-3 days. 10 days later- nothing! I am concerned my BT email account will get deleted if this is not resolved soon as it appears it is just floating around somewhere. ( I can still log into it ) 

Current situation is I have a BT ID ( gmail address ) , my premium mail account is linked to it but not fully ‘activated’ ( was set up 29.01.20 ), and a BT internet email account floating around that I can’t link myself to manage it as I keep getting red error messages . How hard can this be!? I just want to have a BT premium mail account activated with my BT email account linked to it, as it is the only email account I use. Where do I go from here?  Every time I phone BT, I explain this whole situation over and over again and go round and round  in circles ! 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT Premium Mail / linking email account

As you have tried all you can to get this resolved and appear to be getting nowhere with the Customer Services I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are very busy at present so it can take up to 24 hours for them to contact you. They will do this by posting on this thread.

0 Ratings
PaddyB
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT Premium Mail / linking email account

Hi @Daisymm76,

Welcome to the Community forum. Having read your post I'm sorry things have gone so badly wrong with your email address. If you send me in your details, I'll do my best to help put things right.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact me.  You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks

Paddy

0 Ratings